Overall Rankings 2005 (through 4 rounds).... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Overall Rankings 2005 (through 4 rounds)....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:52 am

Good suggestions with regards to D. Jax... I bumped him off the list in favor of R. Williams....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:53 am

That's pretty good Plindsey, not many glaring mistakes I can see. Taylor is a little high though, I can see myself drafting Martin, Westbrook, Thomas Jones, and maybe LaMont Jordan all ahead of him. I'd also put Gates ahead of Gonzo, I don't know about you but he's proved enough to me that he's worthy of being drafted before Gonzo or at least right after him. Priest Holmes could even be considered a little low at 5...I'd probably have him ahead of McGahee and even if not ahead of James as well. I'm not sure how much you're assuming QB touchdowns are with this, looks like 4 to me, but even with that Peyton Manning belongs one or two spots higher. Pretty nice list Plindsey. ;-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:56 am

Yes, I suppose I should post the scoring as well:

20 passing yards = 1 pt...
1 passing TD = 4 pts...

10 rushing/receiving yards = 1 pt...
1 rushing/receiving TD = 6 pts...
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:03 am

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:For the running backs, I agree with the guys in the Top 4, but I'm kinda suprised to see Shaun Alexander ahead of LaDainian. I also think that Priest is gonna fall a few spots, down to 7-8. I think that his age is catching up to him, and the Chiefs will start introducing Larry Johnson as the starter. I think that Corey Dillon rounds out the top 5, I think he'll have a big year, as the Patriots lost two key WR's(Brown and Patten), and will run a lot more.

SA over LT2 is odd, but not that big of a stretch. They should both be very good and scoring between them should only be 5-10 points. Priest should not fall out of the top 5. He will be the man unless he gets injured. I agree that Dillon should have a good year.

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:I agree mostly with the WR's, but I think Michael Clayton will take Darrell Jackson's spot. I think Steve Smith should be ahead of Wayne and maybe even Ward as well. Other than that, that part looks good.

I expect nice things from Smith as well. He's the #1 now and he has Colbert so teams won't be able to just double cover him.

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:As for the TE's, I think Gates will be better than Gonzo this year, and Todd Heap should be a Top 40 pick. Not sure who to bump though :-?

Gates and Gonzo will be close. Very similar to the SA/LT2 thing above. I don't expect there to be much of a gap between them. Todd Heap is a top 50-60 pick, but there is no one on that list that I wouldn't take over Heap.

I know this is Plidsey's rankings and this is kind of a highjack, but just thaught I'd comment.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:05 am

That's heavy on running backs and wide receivers, especially with yardage. I see your reasoning with Jamal Lewis now, all mighty Plindsey. ;-D

But those rankings are old pdub...I don't think Porter had Moss, Mason wasn't on the Ravens, and Muhammad hadn't gone to Chicago. I disagree with you, DJax was perfectly fine where he was on that list in my opinion. I'd draft him ahead of Roy Williams come draft day.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:06 am

1) manning is a little low at 9, i'd put him at 6 or 7

2)i'd put d davis at 7 and a green at 11

3) i'd put moss at 14 and owens at 15

4) i'd put mcnabb at 21 and cppep at 20

5) i'd drop f taylor behind c-mart

6) lamont jordan would be at 28

7)gates would be in front of gonzo

those are the only small changes i would make. overall the rankings look very good. It's really going to be a tough year to know when to take rbs since there seem to be so many at a similar level.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby pdub » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:11 am

joshyboy72 wrote:That's heavy on running backs and wide receivers, especially with yardage. I see your reasoning with Jamal Lewis now, all mighty Plindsey. ;-D

But those rankings are old pdub...I don't think Porter had Moss, Mason wasn't on the Ravens, and Muhammad hadn't gone to Chicago. I disagree with you, DJax was perfectly fine where he was on that list in my opinion. I'd draft him ahead of Roy Williams come draft day.

no.

those rankings took place after all that action. do you think burleson would be ranked that high with moss?
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:24 am

joshyboy72 wrote:That's heavy on running backs and wide receivers, especially with yardage. I see your reasoning with Jamal Lewis now, all mighty Plindsey. ;-D

Actually, I posted 50 yards = 1 passing point.... But, I meant to post 20.... I was thinking of the wrong league...

So you may be right about Manning, afterall....

However, I think last year was a career year for him... Although he will be a stud this year, again, I personally wouldn't pick him above Jamal, who I think is set for a rebound year with the addition of a quality receiver on the squad to take some of the pressure off him....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:39 am

I love how Corey Dillon can be ranked in the top5 and Curtis Martin continually falls to the late second and third round due to age concerns. How does the season's leading rusher fall to the 2nd round while a guy with similar talent, age, and less stats is selected top5? Is Corey Dillon overvalued or Curtis Martin undervalued? A little bit of both IMO. In fact, <b>Corey Dillon should not even be a first round selection</b>

Martin has never suffered a significant injury, Dillon had one in 2003 and missed a game in 2004 due to injury as well. One game is not significant though right? Martin has missed 4 games his entire career! Martin catches passes, Dillon does not. How can you rank a guy who only caught 15 passes all year in the top5? Dillon has never been known as a pass catching RB, but on the Patriot's he was even less of a factor in the passing game than in during his tenure on the Bengal's. Perhaps this is due to Kevin Faulk catching the majority of the passes at RB? Oops did I let that slip out of the bag, most people don't even remember who Kevin Faulk is, let alone his effect on Corey Dillon's numbers.

You may say that Dillon missed a game in 2004 to lower his overall numbers, but Martin still had a significant lead in yardage due to his pass catching any way you look at it. Even if Dillon breaks 1800 yards rushing next year, it will only makes up for yardage he doesn't get in the passing game. And how does missing a game last year, when you turn age 31 next season(typical declining age of RBs), supposed to bolster an argument that Dillon is worth a top5 pick? Curtis Martin has proven that he is beyond the classic age 30+ decline in RBs and has never had a serious injury in his many seasons, this guy is the Cal Ripken of football. Dillon on the other hand is experiencing the bulk of his injuries in the latter part of his football career....

Dillon- 10/24/74= age 30
Martin- 5/1/73= age 31

2005 stats including postseason
Martin- 408/1840/12 - 45/321/2 (18 games)
Dillon- 410/1927/14 - 24/156/1 (18 games)

Career averages-
Martin- 330/1350/8.5 - 46/321/1 (4 games missed over career)
Dillon- 296/1308/7.5 - 28/216/1 (stats not including '03 season)

2005 ADP-
Martin- end of round 2
Dillon- beginning of round 1 O:-)
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby maddog60 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:48 am

I like the rankings overall, though I would disagree on a few points.

1) LT before SA, but you really can't go wrong with either its no stretch.

2) No way do a draft MaGahee 4th overall based on less than a season, especially since the box will be stacked with his not so threatening rookie QB. I'd bump him down at least below Priest.

3) Clayton over Roy Williams. In a dynasty league I'd probably go different, but Clayton was solid all year, Roy wasn't. Roy has the issue of a bad QB, Clayton has a QB who feeds him the ball.

4) I think Bell is ranked too high. There's no indication whether or not the Broncos will stick with him, and you may see the RB carousel we had last year yet again.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk