Antsports Private Cafe Mock - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Antsports Private Cafe Mock

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FF Newbie » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:23 pm

Why are you so down on Driver? Favre is back and with half the O-line gone, they'll probably have to throw MORE, not less. Two of the last three years, he's put up solid #2 WR numbers. I guess that's about what I'm looking for out of him this year. Are you looking for 1. Favre's passing yardage to decrease significantly this year, 2. Walker to take a much bigger slice of the pie or 3. Ferguson to displace Driver as the starter?
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pmix » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:00 pm

Well guys, draft for me is completed. I am satisfied with my draft coming from the 10 spot. Not a dominate team but one that would compete.

I'll give a final runover when the whole thing is completed.
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:57 pm

I'm not so much down on Driver; but more that I never really thought alot of him. When he did well 3 years ago he came out of nowhere and surprised alot of people. 2 years ago when he was the No. 1 he didn't do anything. Last year he was just so up and down and I believe he capped out. By that I mean Green Bay's offense won't be as good next year so Driver won't do as good.

Just because their line isn't as good as last year doesn't mean they will pass more. I don't know why people think this. Do they think, "well since the line isn't as good, then they won't be able to run as much and so they'll have to pass more"? The NY Giants are a perfect example. Their line stunk and Barber did way better than the receivers did. And the Steelers 2 years ago are an example of why this isn't correct thinking. Maddox was the chique pick to be a good fantasy passer simpley because the Steelers weren't as good running the ball. End result: Steelers finished like 30th in rushing, Maddox stunk, and Burress stunk. A good running game compliments the pass, it will enable teams to pass more effectively. When a running game isn't as good, the passing game isn't as good.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby FF Newbie » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:37 pm

I didn't say the passing game would be better. I said they would have to pass more. There's a difference. I wouldn't really go as far as to compare Favre to Tommy Maddox anyway.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:05 am

I wasn't really comparing Maddox to Favre as much as I was trying to show that just because you HAVE to pass more doesn't mean you will produce more passing stats.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby FF Newbie » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:18 am

I understand that and it's not a valid comparison because Favre will deliver the ball much better in those situations than Maddox.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:10 pm

Azrael wrote:I'm not so much down on Driver; but more that I never really thought alot of him. When he did well 3 years ago he came out of nowhere and surprised alot of people. 2 years ago when he was the No. 1 he didn't do anything. Last year he was just so up and down and I believe he capped out. By that I mean Green Bay's offense won't be as good next year so Driver won't do as good.

Just because their line isn't as good as last year doesn't mean they will pass more. I don't know why people think this. Do they think, "well since the line isn't as good, then they won't be able to run as much and so they'll have to pass more"? The NY Giants are a perfect example. Their line stunk and Barber did way better than the receivers did. And the Steelers 2 years ago are an example of why this isn't correct thinking. Maddox was the chique pick to be a good fantasy passer simpley because the Steelers weren't as good running the ball. End result: Steelers finished like 30th in rushing, Maddox stunk, and Burress stunk. A good running game compliments the pass, it will enable teams to pass more effectively. When a running game isn't as good, the passing game isn't as good.

yeah, but Tiki did much better than the QB and the WR's because they stunk too. Even if Tiki only managed 1200 total yards, he probably would have still been better than Eli and Amani.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk