Online gamer killed for selling cyber sword. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Online gamer killed for selling cyber sword.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:33 pm

Canacuna wrote:Heh - I wouldn't have expected such a lashing out from good 'ol MB. :-b

As for the original story, that's just freaky. I know some people take their online gaming seriously, but that's just horrible. To top it off, someone actually spent money on a videogame-sword. That's pretty disturbing too.

I 'spose the only time I ever got upset with a game was back when Final Fantasy 7 was super-popular. I'd been playing it for hours and hours, and finally get to the last boss. There was a save-point or something right before the battle, so I do my save thing... I left to do something after that (probably pump myself up for the ensuing epic battle of huge proportions, or something as equally pathetic)... anyway, later that day, my sister is playing some Parappa the Rappa and saves her game over my Final Fantasy game! Ergh...

Damn, Cuna, as a one time FF junkie, I can safely say my sister would have paid for that one dearly....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:36 pm

Cuna,

My sister did the smae thing! When I was in theird grade, I had just beaten the elite four in blue for game boy for the 8th time, so I got some secret weapon or something. I save, and my little sister wants to start a new game. I said fine, but don't save. I go back to the game the next day, and she overwrote my file!! what a waste. It toook me a while to get over that one.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:36 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Damn, Cuna, as a one time FF junkie, I can safely say my sister would have paid for that one dearly....

Who said she didn't? }:-)

I should get that game out again and see if I can finally get through it.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:38 pm

awesome story MB..that one made me laugh :-)

and cuna..same thing happened to me with final fantasy on the gameboy (i think it was 3)..i was at the last boss and saved my game and left it in my front room at my house. some relatives came over that night with some of my younger cousins and they decided to play final fantasy and saved over my game while i was in my bedroom. i almost snapped. :-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:44 pm

Canacuna wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Damn, Cuna, as a one time FF junkie, I can safely say my sister would have paid for that one dearly....

I almost bought 7 again a few weeks back... I saw it at a used game store for like $5.00. Unfortunately, I had to decide between that and lunch, and went with lunch.... :-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:48 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Canacuna wrote:

I almost bought 7 again a few weeks back... I saw it at a used game store for like $5.00. Unfortunately, I had to decide between that and lunch, and went with lunch.... :-D

Wow, $5.00... I remember buying it for $50.00 back in the day. :,-(

Now I've definitely got to start playing it again - get my money's worth...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby MCG321 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:50 pm

I used to play Diablo II online, and there was a huge eBay market for those items. Don't know if anyone here played, but I remember playing with people who said they had just bought their Stone of Jordan. Of course, I ask how much in-game gold did it cost them? Sadly, they answered in dollars...that's when I knew some people were too obsessed.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:02 pm

'Cuna, you should definitely play through FFVII again. That and Chrono Trigger are the two best games ever. My save file has everyone as level 99, with all of their limit breaks, ultimate weapons, and every single materia in the game maximized. Yeah.. I definitely passed 99:59:59 time on it a long time ago. :-/
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:10 pm

MCG321 wrote:I used to play Diablo II online, and there was a huge eBay market for those items. Don't know if anyone here played, but I remember playing with people who said they had just bought their Stone of Jordan. Of course, I ask how much in-game gold did it cost them? Sadly, they answered in dollars...that's when I knew some people were too obsessed.

My sister played that game online, and I do remember that there were new weapons you could only get playing online. I think it's a neat concept, but when you're paying real money to get stuff, it's a little over the top. :-o

Final Fantasy VIII was so money. We played the card game mostly. We never did get all of them because we actually decided to beat the game. :,-( I can't remember if we played VII or not...but for 5 bucks, it sounds like a heck of a bargain!

Good to see Linds isn't so obsessed that he wouldn't eat because of it. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:19 pm

final fantasy VII was awesome. i couldnt stop playing that game until i beat it ;-D then after i beat it i waited a while and beat it again in about half the time. that was actually the last one ive played. i dont know why...ive always loved the series.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk