NFL Countdown mock - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL Countdown mock

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Santacruzer » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:43 am

Ahhh, I see now. I found the Mock for 2004. Yeah, quite accurate even past the top 10.

Dammit. If only he had the Lions selecting Matt Jones!!!
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tyr » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:59 am

That's my homepage as well..

It's very good, and my only two big problems have both been mentioned above (Chicago and Washington's picks). TBH, even if Rolle and Pac-Man Jones are off the board by 9th overall, I'm fairly sure they'd pick up Carlos Rogers. (I'd even rather them grab Rogers over Pac-Man.. considering I've watched actually been able to watch him enough to KNOW that he's not hype.. and he's *fast* for his size!)
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:33 am

I have seen so many mocks in the past month or two I must be honest:

I read to #4. If the Bears take Edwards or Williams I keep going.

If the Bears take a RB I get disgusted and stop reading.

Seriously, I know RB is a possibility, but with guys like Fason, Barber, Arrington, etc. who will all be there for the Bears second round pick I really think they need to get one of the big two WRs.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:54 am

I see this mock has changed since I read it yesterday....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:33 am

Wow he was very accurate in 2004, through the first 16 picks he missed only one (Jacksonville).

Then he made the noobie mistake at #17 though, assuming Denver had traded up for Steven Jackson like everyone else despite my 10 page dissertation on how they had traded up there for DJ Williams ;).
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Tyr » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:55 am

The mock changes pretty often.. normally two or three times a week, from what I've seen.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:36 am

This is the best mock draft I've seen all year. Much better than any others.

1) The explanations not only all make sense, but are very detailed and bring up a good number of points that many non-diehard football fans may not realize.

2) My only gripe about his 1st round is with the Cowboys 2nd pick. Not that they wouldn't improve the O-line, but he mentions Troy Williamson as a candidate for their 1st pick, and he's still there by their 2nd, it doesn't logically make sense they'd pass on him with his own reasoning. Otherwise, I can't disagree flat-out with any of his picks.

I just hope he's wrong about the Eagles trading up for a DT, right move, wrong position. Seriously though, this trumps all other mocks.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:35 pm

shazor fell to the third round?? I think the Vikes would not pass on DJ if he fell to them. other than that the only problem I see is the Vikes run "Orientated" offence:

Benson would give them the workhorse they need to execute their new more run orientated offense
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:39 pm

It makes complete sense. The Vikings won't draft a running back this year (all running backs are under contract for another two years). But, all the Vikings pick made complete sense to me, and made me very happy. I think this is a great mock draft. The first round looked great. I don't know the latter rounds as well for teams other than my Vikings, but I think this was a very nice mock. Props to the countdown.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby daullaz » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:49 pm

Even with his previous track record, I don't see any way Braylon falls to number seven or that he's drafted after Williams. If Tennessee really wants Barron, they'd better trade down and get him at a better value than with the 6th pick. Maybe a draft day trade with Dallas or San Diego? If Braylon Edwards is actually there at the sixth pick, I think the 'Boys package their two first-rounders together to go get him.

Though if Mark Clayton is available when Philly picks, I'll be more than happy with that. As a Longhorn fan, I've seen enough of Clayton to know he's going to be special. As an Eagle fan, I know it doesn't get much worse than Pinkston/Mitchell (hit the road, Jack) as a No. 2 wideout.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk