Terri Schiavo Dies. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Terri Schiavo Dies.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Terri Schiavo Dies.

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:24 pm

I can't believe that this wasn't posted with as much press as this whole ordeal had garnered.

Terri Schiavo has died in a Florida hospice at the age of 41,two weeks after her feeding tube was removed.The brain-damaged Florida woman became the focus of a legal, political and ideological battle over the end of life.

Now she can finally RIP. :,-(
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hayesb26 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:25 pm

I'm just glad that this thing is finally over.

Condolences to the parents and husband though. :,-(
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:27 pm

its been a tough situation for all involved, i feel for them. RIP.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:35 pm

hayesb26 wrote:I'm just glad that this thing is finally over.

Condolences to the parents and husband though. :,-(

Yeah, this is my basic sentiment...

There's a 5 pager about this on the baseball side already... :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:38 pm

I think ti's too bad her husband had to ruin it for her. Teri's parents encouraged them to get a divorce and her parents take care of her but instead he stays married to her all while having a family with another woman and making himself look bad. He brought them into court by saying that "Teri wanted the tube removed," and now it actually got removed, and this is what happens.

Bad :-t
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:35 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:I think ti's too bad her husband had to ruin it for her. Teri's parents encouraged them to get a divorce and her parents take care of her but instead he stays married to her all while having a family with another woman and making himself look bad. He brought them into court by saying that "Teri wanted the tube removed," and now it actually got removed, and this is what happens.

What do you mean this is what happens? This is what was meant to happen when the tube was removed...

I hate to say it, but i heard way to much about this. Its probably because i get disgusted over so many things, but i dont know....

RIP
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:41 pm

The tragedy of this all is that apparently, should she have been of her faculties, Mrs. Shiavo was a very private woman who shunned the spotlight.

RIP
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:43 pm

First of all, I think this is one of those topics that we can definitely have a good debate without the topic being shut down. I think the mods can be a little more leaniant on this topic, but we need to keep our emotions under control as well.

mtryanks12 wrote:I think ti's too bad her husband had to ruin it for her. Teri's parents encouraged them to get a divorce and her parents take care of her but instead he stays married to her all while having a family with another woman and making himself look bad. He brought them into court by saying that "Teri wanted the tube removed," and now it actually got removed, and this is what happens.

"And this is what happens."

OK, she had too choices; keep the tube in, and die a long, painful death, or take it out and die quickly, within a couple of weeks. People need to realize that she would have died anyway. It would have been near impossible to recover from her condition. She was in awful shape, and after 15 years of suffering, I think its safe to say it was time to pull the plug. The courts did the right thing by staying out of it, and Terri got what she wanted.

R.I.P.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:50 pm

This case has gotten incredible exposure and we all have our views and feelings about it. I think one thing that I had a hard time believing today was the hubby booted her parents out of the room about 10-15 minutes before she died and wouldn't let them be in the room with her when she passed. Her parents wanted that...I feel bad they seemed to get nothing but rejections during this.

It will be interesting to see what the autopsy reveals.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:00 am

I'm definitely sorry about her death and I hope she rests in peace, but I'm so glad that this whole ordeal will slowly work its way out of the news. I'm sick of all the attention its gotten - I mean, Congress? C'mon.

However, a new feeding tube is the new big story: The Pope. Looks like he's on his way out, sadly.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk