Terri Schiavo Dies. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Terri Schiavo Dies.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:45 am

Yeah this has gotten a lot of attention...but similar to the Laci Peterson murder case, the Schiavo controversy is one of those that can be considered the "perfect case," or something like that. Just has all the elements that people want to hear about. But I'm glad it's finally over.

What a terrible way to go down though. RIP. :,-(
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rodge » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:07 am

hayesb26 wrote:
Condolences to the parents and husband though. :,-(

Why does the husband deserve condolences? This guy has his wife murdered in a slow and brutal way and he wouldn't even let Terri's parents and siblings in the room for her last moments. This guy is pure evil. I can think of a lot of things the husband deserves, condolences is not one of them.
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:44 am

Rodge wrote:
hayesb26 wrote:
Condolences to the parents and husband though. :,-(

Why does the husband deserve condolences? This guy has his wife murdered in a slow and brutal way and he wouldn't even let Terri's parents and siblings in the room for her last moments. This guy is pure evil. I can think of a lot of things the husband deserves, condolences is not one of them.

dude, his wife has been in a hospital bed for 15 years. If you consider euthanasia murder thats a whole different debate. He said he was acting on the wishes of Terri. Ill admit the exclusion of the parents was a little weird, but people do weird stuff in those situations. Give the guy a break.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:41 am

My own opinion is this:

You best go out and get yourself a document to prevent crap like this happening to you.

As for this case, I refuse to have an opinion. This is a personal matter between the man, his wife, and her family. I'm utterly disgusted with the way people have intruded themselves upon this matter. Literally, forced their way into your and my homes, Terry's hospital room and made this a circus show.

I'm not fooling myself into believing that there was a right and wrong way. I've never been in the husband's predicament, and I'm sure as hell not going to pass judgement on anyone immediately involved.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:51 am

Here accident, or however she became brain dead, happened before I was born, so I don't hardly anything on the topic, all I know is this is what the Wisconsin State Journal read on the front page:
''The real Terri Schiavo died 15 years ago, not Thursday.''
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:36 am

Yeah, I agree with Aww on that. I also agree that if nothing is in writing formally, then the presumption would be to live and not die. But I am jsut stating my opinion.

As a married guy here, this poses something that couples need to consider moreso now than ever really. No one knows when tragedy may strike. We did our wills and stuff a few years ago, and glad we won't have anything like this to deal with.

I also think the husband shouldn't be cut too much slack. He seems to have about gotten everything he has wanted to far.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Superman in Training » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:13 pm

Yes it is too bad that something this personal made such a giant story.. alll these media people didn't care about the moral issues they just wanted a story ! That is what pisses me off..

May she RIP and may all of her family have peace too
:,-(
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby MadScott » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:25 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:As a married guy here, this poses something that couples need to consider moreso now than ever really. No one knows when tragedy may strike. We did our wills and stuff a few years ago, and glad we won't have anything like this to deal with.
Yeah, the wife and I did ours as well and clearly spelled out to each other as well as on paper about what our wishes were. I've seen this type of thing happen in person before which prompted us to control and spell out what we wanted. I strongly recommend to anyone that is married to do the same thing, not for you but for your family so that this terrible burden never falls on them.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:01 pm

I said "and this is what happens" because her husband said that she wanted the tube removed even though there wasn't enough proof stating that is was true. she actually didn't want it removed, she just wanted a divorce. Now she had to die when she really didn't want to die.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:01 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:I said "and this is what happens" because her husband said that she wanted the tube removed even though there wasn't enough proof stating that is was true. she actually didn't want it removed, she just wanted a divorce. Now she had to die when she really didn't want to die.

Can you prove that statement? NO ONE knows what she wanted, except for Terri. We can't really go on anyone's word. Not the husband, not the parents, not the brother. The only person who could have said what she wanted was Terri herself.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye