Surtain to the CHIEFS.....? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Surtain to the CHIEFS.....?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Surtain to the CHIEFS.....?

Postby petedog9 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:28 am

Heard a report that the CHEFS have agreed to terms with Patrick Surtain of the Miami Dolphins and now just need to work out compensation to the Phins. That defense is looking better and better. With any defense at all they can make a good run at it wlong wit a healthy Padre. That cat deserves a ring if anyone does....

Even as a Die hard Steelers fan, if Priest Holmes had a ring to end his career, thats O.K. in my book.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Surtain to the CHIEFS.....

Postby Ydub » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:32 am

petedog9 wrote:Heard a report that the CHEFS have agreed to terms with Patrick Surtain of the Miami Dolphins and now just need to work out compensation to the Phins. That defense is looking better and better. With any defense at all they can make a good run at it wlong wit a healthy Padre. That cat deserves a ring if anyone does....

Even as a Die hard Steelers fan, if Priest Holmes had a ring to end his career, thats O.K. in my book.

Report!? Cough up a link.....please.
"Napoleon is not only a provider for his family; he’s an attacker on the field." - Napoleon Harris' website bio
Ydub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:42 am

I didn't see anything for sure...just the conjecture type stuff.

Yahoo player update thingy wrote:Mar 29 Citing a report from Sports Illustrated, Alex Marvez, of the Miami Sun-Sentinel, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have offered a fourth-round draft choice to the Miami Dolphins for CB Patrick Surtain. The Dolphins are believed to be seeking a first-day draft pick (rounds 1-3) for Surtain. - KFFL.com

Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to go ahead and put a question mark on the end of this thread... :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:38 am

it was reported on the radio last night. I beleive it was on JT the Brick. (national broadcast). I have never heard him report anything wrong and he usually has some pretty reliable sources.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby JrcWy » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:05 pm

This one is right out of Florida and even has Saban confirming the report. No trade has been worked out but Surtain could very well be in a Chiefs uniform next season.

DAVIE -- Dolphins cornerback Patrick Surtain and the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed in principle to a multiyear contract extension that includes an eight-digit signing bonus provided a trade between the teams can be worked out, sources said.

More details are in the link:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl- ... orts-front[/quote]
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MadScott » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:08 pm

I heard the same report on the Brick's show. I thought it was more conjecture though rather than solid fact. This has been a hot rumor for awhile now and may be one of those draft day deals.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk