Dolphins to draft QB with 1st rd pick? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dolphins to draft QB with 1st rd pick?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dolphins to draft QB with 1st rd pick?

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:40 am

Dolphins QB - QB - Dolphins

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban has said that the Dolphins, if they are not able to trade it, will use their #2 overall pick to choose a QB if that player rates highest on their draft board.
This could be smoke and mirrors. If Saban feels the Dolphins can get Florida RB Ciatrick Fason to start the 2nd rd, don't be surprised to see Alex Smith or Aaron Rogers in a Dolphin cap holding a clip board this season. Apr. 1 - 5:46 am et
Source: Palm Beach Post

smoke screen? i don't think so... saban will want a franchise type QB (an issue since marino left and they didn't get anyone in FA) there is plenty of RB talent out there...

who's draft boards just changed a little?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:27 am

Just another rumor, IMO. They need a RB more than anything. I don't think they can give up on Feely after one year since he cost them a lot
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Dolphins to draft QB with 1st rd pick?

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:17 am

treat24 wrote:If Saban feels the Dolphins can get Florida RB Ciatrick Fason to start the 2nd rd, don't be surprised to see Alex Smith or Aaron Rogers in a Dolphin cap holding a clip board this season. Apr. 1 - 5:46 am et

And just how does he propose they plan on doing that, since they don't have a 2nd round pick? They traded it for the aforementioned Feeley, tells me all I need to know about the reliability of this article...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Re: Dolphins to draft QB with 1st rd pick?

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:33 am

Free Bagel wrote:
treat24 wrote:If Saban feels the Dolphins can get Florida RB Ciatrick Fason to start the 2nd rd, don't be surprised to see Alex Smith or Aaron Rogers in a Dolphin cap holding a clip board this season. Apr. 1 - 5:46 am et

And just how does he propose they plan on doing that, since they don't have a 2nd round pick? They traded it for the aforementioned Feeley, tells me all I need to know about the reliability of this article...

i agree, they didn't even get a compensatory pick... i don't trust the palm beach post... i still think IMHO the dolphins should trade down....
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Flux » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:50 pm

I think they are just trying to force other teams hands who want a QB to trade up.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:47 pm

Flux wrote:I think they are just trying to force other teams hands who want a QB to trade up.

Probably, with this year's draft you have: 2 QB's that stand above all others, 2 WRs that stand above all others, and 3 RBs that stand above all others. Presuming the first pick is a QB, which position do you want to make it look like you're gunning for if you want a teamm to try and trade up with yoo?
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:33 pm

i absolutly think theyll draft a qb. feely is a joke, a mistake. and with all this ricky williams talk, why not draft a stud at the most important position on the field. i just dont believe in drafting backs in the first round so i may be a bit biased.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Charlie24 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:41 pm

Flux wrote:I think they are just trying to force other teams hands who want a QB to trade up.

This is exactly what they're doing. They would get extra picks which they need and it looks like they feel they can get a solid RB, obviously their top priority, with one of those picks
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:25 pm

I'd be surprised if they got a QB, I see them either trading down or drafting a RB.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk