49ers: Nolan meets with Boston - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to San Francisco 49ers

49ers: Nolan meets with Boston

Moderator: Football Moderators

49ers: Nolan meets with Boston

Postby Dazedncnfz » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:33 am

FanBall wrote:
March 31, 2005 11:17 AM ET

The News
49ers' head coach Mike Nolan met with free agent wide receiver David Boston on Tuesday. "I was impressed with him and I think he was sincere," Nolan told the Mercury News. "For whatever reason, he might be a different guy now. He may have been humbled by some of the recent things that have happened to him." Nolan added that he wants to reflect on his discussions with Boston before deciding whether to offer him a contract.

Our View
Boston is still rehabilitating the torn knee ligament he suffered during training camp last season, so the Niners are in no rush to sign him. The Niners probably won't make a decision on David, who served a four-game suspension for violating the league's steroid policy last season, until after next month's draft.

food for thought, could use another BIG taget for a young Rivers ;-)

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:58 pm

I heard about this yesterday on bay area radio. Apparently it was a real nice meeting indeed and I think that this meeting is a sign of the 49ers interest in him. He certainly wouldn't be the worst signing in the world to be sure.

The Rivers trade is nice wishing Dazey, not sure if it's going to be much more than that unfortunately but you know who we do have our eye on in 2006 right? Bring back our hometown super bowl hero Mr. Brady please! ;-D
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:37 pm

Rumors around here are that Brady has already turned down one contract offer from the Pats 8-o ...I do not have any links about it, but he definitly wants the big signing bonus up front and a long term deal...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:40 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote: he definitly wants the big signing bonus up front and a long term deal...
Aw crap, and I thought we had a chance. There's no way that Dr. York and the women are going to pony up any jack for him or anyone for that matter. :~(
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to San Francisco 49ers