Anyone else feel this way too? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Anyone else feel this way too?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone else feel this way too?

Postby LT Blue Colt » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:55 am

I don't know what it is with me lately, but I've been having the urge to go on E-bay and find all my old favorites that's I've either lost or traded as a kid. So far I've got RC Pro Am for the old NES, and Mutant League Football for the Genesis, and my most recent was Contra. DO I HAVE A PROBLEM? :-?
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:37 pm

ive actually been having a problem with buying all sorts of things from back in the day.....music...movies...games..making sigs of 80s wrestlers. im obsessed. :-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:39 pm

I used to do that. Picked up Super Metroid, which for some reason I sold off when I was a lot younger. Also picked up Super Mario All-Stars for a second time, since one of my 'ol friends took it.

I even picked up a couple Sega Saturn games that I'd sold... man, some of those got expensive. I don't want to say how much I paid to re-buy Panzer Dragoon Saga...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Tyr » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:15 am

I've always been huge on indulging my nostalgia. I currently have mint copies of Ultima 4, 5, 6, and 7 and all of the expansions.. fallout 1 and 2... The Bards Tale 1 and 2, Zork, and a ridiculous number of Atari, Colecovision, and NES/SMS games that I spent hours playing when I was young.

I still haven't found a copy of Mutant League Football for the NES, but in time.. :-?
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Nilmerf » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:48 am

I don't know why you guys are paying a lot of money for old stuff like that. It may be good for nostalgia sake for a week or so, but still. You can find them online for download much easier. Games that old probably have an expired copyright too, in case you feel guilty.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tyr » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:27 am

I have downloaded most everything that I've wanted... but playing them on an emulator just.. isn't the same.

I actually scavenged parts for and built a brand new ancient 386 so I could play U5 and 6 again as they were originally meant to be played... and there's nothing like popping in an old NES Cartridge and playing Mike Tyson's Punchout using an actual controller instead of akwardly fumbling at your keyboard trying to remember what was start and what was select.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby hastur » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:10 pm

Tyr wrote:I've always been huge on indulging my nostalgia. I currently have mint copies of Ultima 4, 5, 6, and 7 and all of the expansions.. fallout 1 and 2... The Bards Tale 1 and 2, Zork, and a ridiculous number of Atari, Colecovision, and NES/SMS games that I spent hours playing when I was young.

I still haven't found a copy of Mutant League Football for the NES, but in time.. :-?

Bards Tale. Wow...I haven't thought of that one in a long time. I remember playing that on my Commadore 64. Man, I'm old...
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LT Blue Colt » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:12 pm

Nilmerf wrote:I don't know why you guys are paying a lot of money for old stuff like that. It may be good for nostalgia sake for a week or so, but still. You can find them online for download much easier. Games that old probably have an expired copyright too, in case you feel guilty.

Yeah, but's it's not the same. A buddy of mine suggested the same thing, but it's the authenticity I'm shooting for. You know, using the old Nintendo controler's and Genesis's controler's, using and seeing the actual game in the original game system. I guess I do have a problem. :,-( :,-( :,-(

Oh Well! I love it! :-) ;-D
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:48 pm

hastur wrote:Bards Tale. Wow...I haven't thought of that one in a long time. I remember playing that on my Commadore 64. Man, I'm old...

holy crap..i totally forgot about this game!! i also had it on the commodore 64 8-o i remember i a pirated version , not the original..and it had a glitch and would freeze every time at a certain point. id keep playing the first 3/4 of the game and starting all over when it froze.

i remember having a magician named merlin who was unreal...and how bad the bards sucked for a long time before they helped you at all. i also remember roaming back and forth next to a castle wall looking for fights so i could level up. did that for hours at a time :-)

man...that was a long time ago :-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Video Games