ESPN has new target audience. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

ESPN has new target audience.

Moderator: Football Moderators

ESPN has new target audience.

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:56 pm

Mom to be has baby in the bathroom at the ESPN Zone in Anaheim. Talk about comming into the world in style.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2027309

Now being April 1st, I don't know if this is for real. but here it is.

Talk about your diaper dandies.

A baby was born Thursday at the ESPN Zone in Anaheim, Calif.

Marissa Martinez of Fremont, Calif., was visiting the ESPN Zone when she went into labor and delivered a healthy baby girl, according to Ernie Ritchie, the facility's general manager.

Mother and daughter were taken to the University of California-Irvine Medical Center and are doing fine, according to a hospital spokesperson.

"We're grateful that everyone is OK and the baby is OK," said Ritchie. "It's a blessing."

The ESPN Zone was crowded with visitors Thursday when the baby was born at about 4:10 p.m. Pacific time, Ritchie said.

"I heard about it at 4:15 when one of my staffers came in and said, 'We're having a baby in the arena ladies room.' Paramedics arrived shortly thereafter, and "they wheeled her out on a gurney and off they went to the hospital," he said.

Reached by phone in her hospital room, Martinez admitted that having a baby was the last thing she expected to be doing Thursday.

"We came down for vacation for my son's third birthday," said Martinez. "We went to ESPN Zone to get our game cards … and all of a sudden I felt like a pushing sensation to go to the bathroom, the baby came right after that.

"I guess all that walking at Disneyland did it for me," said Martinez, who shared these other details of her experience:

• The baby will be named Jasmine Michelle, with Michelle being the name of the person who helped with the ladies-room delivery. "I don't even know their last name," Martinez said.

• The baby wasn't expected "until the beginning of June," and weighed "between three and four pounds."

• As of late Thursday evening, she hadn't seen her child "except in the ambulance."

Little Jasmine Michelle doesn't know it yet, but she's going to be receiving a basket of goodies from the ESPN Zone, including an infant-sized T-shirt that reads: "I Watch ESPN With My Mommy."

With a beginning like this, there's no doubt she'll grow up to be a PTP'er, baby!
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:02 pm

aaahhh....I don't know if that sounds really true. The paramedics would have noticed some medical problems associated with prematurity by now if it was true. But whew, that baby was born early.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:14 pm

Well, we all know that sports can be exciting...I wonder how seeing a kid born at an ESPN Zone compares with watching the Final Four in an ESPN Zone? :-?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:36 pm

it's much more suspensful!

Mom: Cmon baby come out
Fans: YEAH COME OUT ALREADY!!
(Baby's head pops out)
Fans: YYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
(cheer and jump on the tables)
Mom: ooowww, that hurt.
Fans: OOOWWW, THAT HURT
mtryanks12
General Manager