Pope John Paul II may have died... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Pope John Paul II may have died...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pope John Paul II may have died...

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:44 pm

I can't find anything about it on the net yet, but CNN, MSNBC, and NPR all are running stories saying the Pope has just died....
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pope John Paul II has died...

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:54 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I can't find anything about it on the net yet, but CNN, MSNBC, and NPR all are running stories saying the Pope has just died....

CNN has a report saying the Vatican is denying it...So not sure what the deal is. But it sure doesn't seem promising for him. His condition has been worsening throughout the day.

EDIT: all the news stations are confirming his condition as worsened but he is still alive. You may want to change the title of the thread for the time being. He is still clinging to his life.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:34 pm

Actually there are reports from Italy that he has passed away and the cardinals are paying their final respects and goodbuys. This will most likely be confirmed later on or tomorrow. This is a sad day for all Catholics or religous people.

BTW, its weird that they die in threes - Cochran, Shaivo, and now the Pope(soon)
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:36 pm

Where are these reports? Not that I am doubting anything, but I would like to see them.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Pope John Paul II has died...

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:38 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:but CNN, MSNBC, and NPR all are running stories

"this just in, george w. bush has won florida.....wait al gore has won florida.....wait.....we'll be right back."

pope is still hangin in there.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:39 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Where are these reports? Not that I am doubting anything, but I would like to see them.

I don't have a link but I saw it on a header(about 2 hours ago) on CNN that said that.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:41 pm

J2thez929 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Where are these reports? Not that I am doubting anything, but I would like to see them.

I don't have a link but I saw it on a header(about 2 hours ago) on CNN that said that.

yea they retracted that.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:44 pm

All I know is when I was at the house for lunch about 1:25, I was watching Court TV, and they broke in with a special report saying the Pope was dead... Real quick like I changed to CNN which was reporting the same, and when they went to commerical, I switched to MSNBC which also said he had died... Then, when I got back in the car to come back to work, NPR was running a similar "break-in" saying he had passed away...

Since then, I've been at work, so I don't know if those stories have been retracted or what....

My brother works for FOX... I'll call him and see what he says....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:48 pm

OK, according to my brother who works at our local FOX affiliate... An Italian news channel is reporting that he died... The Vatican denied it.... And most American News Stations ran a breaking news segment right after the Italian News Station announced it saying he was dead....

However, the Vatican says otherwise... At this point it is not clear if he is dead or alive, but most observers do not think he will make it through the night, regardless....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:50 pm

From what I've gathered right now he is unconscious. I don't think he is dead yet but he isn't in very good condition.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk