RB Dayne Joins Broncos... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RB Dayne Joins Broncos...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby seniorpaul » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:49 am

I dont' know why everyone bashes Dayne. If you looked at the preseason last year, NY let Dayne be a RB. THey let him cut to the outside and use his speed (which he has for a big guy). The the regular season came, and all they wanted him for was short yardage situations (striat up the gut), which has NEVER been his fortee. By no means do i think he's a star in the making, but i think he was severly misused in NY. I also think that it was a mistake for him to sign in Denver. They just traded a 1000 rusher because they had to many people in the backfield, then they go on to sign another? Dayne should have held out for somewhere he would have had a chance to play. Miami, Arizona, etc...
seniorpaul
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:49 am

I'm sure he explored those options...but with several other FA runners still out there looking and the top RB rookies coming in the draft, there was probably little chance he could find a team willing to take a chance on him. I say chance because he really hasn't proved himself to be much of anything during the regular season.

At least with Denver he has a chance to do well, and you know they aren't going to shy away from someone who may have what it takes to be a decent runner. They have turned several "borderline" runners into 1000 yard guys. It also seems like one or more of their top RB's gets hurt every year, so he could end up stepping into the role if that happens.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk