BORB QUARTERFINALS - (3)Metallica vs. (7)Guns N Roses - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

BORB QUARTERFINALS - (3)Metallica vs. (7)Guns N Roses

Moderator: Football Moderators

BORB: Metallica vs. Guns N Roses

Poll ended at Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:56 am

Metallica
40%
Guns N Roses
60%

Total votes : 30

Postby hayesb26 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:03 pm

GNR is one of the top three bands of all time in my opinion. No idea how they ended up as the seven seed in your tourney, but they should take this one.

Appetite is the best CD song-for-song I've listened to, and both Illusion albums were great too.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Superman in Training » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:33 am

Did i miss something?? is this the best butt rock contest??? Why is G&R beating Metallica??? holy smokes man.. Metallica is one of the best rock bands out there and everyone is doggin them for G&R?

Now I know if have personal issues with G&R and I have met Lars in person before but still, Metallica is in a different league man come on!

You gonna tell me that Metallica's attitude with Napster is worse then Axles behavior.. the dude cancelled while in concert with metallica, because his voice was a little scratchy.. so Metallica went out and saved the day before there was total chaos...

Man.. this is crazy
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:34 am

Superman in Training wrote:Did i miss something?? is this the best butt rock contest??? Why is G&R beating Metallica??? holy smokes man.. Metallica is one of the best rock bands out there and everyone is doggin them for G&R?

Now I know if have personal issues with G&R and I have met Lars in person before but still, Metallica is in a different league man come on!

You gonna tell me that Metallica's attitude with Napster is worse then Axles behavior.. the dude cancelled while in concert with metallica, because his voice was a little scratchy.. so Metallica went out and saved the day before there was total chaos...

Man.. this is crazy

I agree, Metallica is arguably the best rock band of all time. G n R was good too but they aren't even close to Metallica in terms of amazing cds, performances, etc!
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:32 am

G N R is great. One of my favorite bands of all time. If I voted for Poison demonstrating my boycott of Metallica, then pretty easy to tell who I am voting for here. Haha.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:23 am

GnR here ... Slash is a really hot guitarist.
He also has the coolest hair of any of the bands listed yet. ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Superman in Training » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:47 am

hayesb26 wrote:
Superman in Training wrote:

Man.. this is crazy

lol nobody said anything about napster or axl.. we are talking about music here. metallica is great and all, but GNR's lyrics and music are incomparable. not to mention metallicas last CD was horrible, IMO. I may be a bit biased because I don't listen to heavy rock like Metallica a lot, but GNR is an alltime top five without a doubt for me.

Everyone was talking about Metallica and napster in the first matchup.....

At least Metallica is still making albums..... G & R stopped in the 80's because they couldn't function together... Did G & R write there own music???? Not sure on that one so you are lucky ... lol
Don't get mad at Metallica just because they try to do something different but they spanned more time as a successful band.. longevity baby that says something! ;-D

Slash did have cool hair though I will admit that! ;-D
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby hayesb26 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:59 am

Well I don't see anybody talking about Napster here, so you can't play that card as a reason for them losing...

And actually, GNR broke up in the mid 90s, not the 80s. Yes, they did indeed write their own music.

I will always choose to listen to the old classics rather than this new garbage Metallica tries to throw out for a quick buck.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Superman in Training » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:17 am

hayesb26 wrote:Well I don't see anybody talking about Napster here, so you can't play that card as a reason for them losing...
They are thinking it trust me.. I can sense it

hayesb26 wrote:And actually, GNR broke up in the mid 90s, not the 80s. Yes, they did indeed write their own music.
Damn foiled on that one !+)

Beavis and Butthead like Metallica that is good enough for me! ;-D
Go Metallica!!!
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby ravage » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:26 am

hayesb26 wrote:And actually, GNR broke up in the mid 90s, not the 80s. Yes, they did indeed write their own music.
Well, except for the one that Charles Manson wrote for them. And all the covers they did.

Btw, I voted for Guns N' Roses. Overall I like their songs better. Despite Axyl being a butthead.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:48 am

G 'n R broke up when the music stopped being fresh.... Before they became a corporate entity....

Metallica stopped being about making music, and became focussed on making money a long time ago....

Something tells me you wouldn't see Slash and Axl at Congressional hearings trying to ban kids from downloading their music....

It's ironic that Metallica ended up being ALL about the very things that heavy metal used to despise about American mainstream music...

In the end, they took the term "sell-out" to a whole new level....
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk