Packers re-sign Davenport. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Packers re-sign Davenport.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:03 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Thats what I'm saying, the Packers are obviously in rebuilding mode, so the likelyhood of Ahman being resigned for big money is pretty slim.

That was my point in bringing up this offseason. How often to teams really just let their star RB's go? This offseason that were three that seemed much more likely to be gone than Ahman and none of those three ended up going anywhere.

I assume you're talking about Rudi, Edge, and SA. I see where you are coming from, but all of those teams are contenders (or on the way up) while the Packers are on the decline.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MIPackFan » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:55 pm

I read that the Pack is thinking of a possible trade with Miami for the #2 pick giving up Najeh and #24 pick. Don't know how valid or recent this is. But something I saw while surfing. Could be interesting.

Personally, I like Fisher better than Najeh. Fish is a better pass catcher, shiftier runner, and not quite the load that Najeh is. Not as good inside, but if he hits the weights that can improve.
(And no I am not a Notre Dame slappy.)

If there is any truth to this, could make Day 1 of the draft a little more interesting.
A quote that sums up the Vikqueens and their yearly late season demise: "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."-Bullettooth Tony (Snatch)
MIPackFan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby s0meguy » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:04 am

He'll probably take over next year when Ahman leaves and start long enough to draft and train a franchise back.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MadScott » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:04 pm

Again, is it the line or the RB? I guess we'll find out. A nice signing to be sure, especially if they lose Green.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:49 pm

MIPackFan wrote:I read that the Pack is thinking of a possible trade with Miami for the #2 pick giving up Najeh and #24 pick. Don't know how valid or recent this is. But something I saw while surfing. Could be interesting.

Personally, I like Fisher better than Najeh. Fish is a better pass catcher, shiftier runner, and not quite the load that Najeh is. Not as good inside, but if he hits the weights that can improve.
(And no I am not a Notre Dame slappy.)

If there is any truth to this, could make Day 1 of the draft a little more interesting.

Man, I'd take that Miami trade in a heartbeat, Najeh's not all THAT good.

I like Fisher, too. I don't know if I'd say he's better than Najeh but at least on a par when you factor in his pass-catching.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:41 pm

Is it just a 1-yr deal for Najeh?
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:20 pm

chaindog35 wrote:Is it just a 1-yr deal for Najeh?

That's what I've heard.

Green Bay offered up the minimum restricted salary for Davenport as well and no one jumped on it. It would only cost a 4th rounder for some team to make an offer to Davenport and they could have paid him less than half of what other backups RBs are going for (Chestor Taylor and Dominic Rhodes).

Is Davenport nothing more than an injury prone career backup? A 4th round pick for a guy who ran for 170+ yards in his only career start seems like a bargain (albeit against the Ram's). I've always viewed him as the backup RB mostly like to succeed in a featured role in the NFL. The injuries must be really killing his value.....
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:42 pm

i think the teams are willing to wait til next year because he had off-season shoulder surgery that he is still recovering from.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:48 pm

Najeh actually has the best lifetime yards per carry average of the three Packer RB's with 5.1, compared to 4.5 for Ahman and a pitiful 3.4 for Fisher...

But, I gotta wonder about a RB who can't stay healthy as a back-up... If he's gonna come away with a critical labial injury every time he gets 10 touches, how in the hell would anyone expect him to make it through a season as a starter where he may have to carry 350-400 times?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk