Future Drafts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Future Drafts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:59 pm

I disagree FB, everyone was talking about how unbelievably loaded last years class was and how this years could never measure up. Believe me, if 80% of top draft eligible players come out, the teams with high 2nd round picks will get two top 20 quality players.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:33 pm

Highschoolers added.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:37 pm

You've satisfied my Penn State appetite. ;-D
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joester » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:21 pm

You need to add Ryan Perriloux to that Highschooler list. He has Vick type speed with a pretty good arm. He should win the Starting QB job at LSU in a year or two. I live about 30 miles from where he played and I watched him a few times. He is utterly amazing. He averaged like 5 or 6 total TDs a game.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:24 pm

joester wrote:You need to add Ryan Perriloux to that Highschooler list. He has Vick type speed with a pretty good arm. He should win the Starting QB job at LSU in a year or two. I live about 30 miles from where he played and I watched him a few times. He is utterly amazing. He averaged like 5 or 6 total TDs a game.

Perrilloux is sick, but I see him as more of a great college player than NFL player. Also, he supposedly has some serious attitude problems and that won't fly in the league.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Atog » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:24 pm

CC, have you heard of Connor Barwin? he's a TE/LB going into Cincinatti (i think) next year.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:29 pm

Nope, I've never heard of him. I checked Rivals and I couldn't find anything on him either, so he must be a Jr. right now in HS.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby warrick95 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:52 pm

Gotta love the Cromartie and Sims picks as an FSU fan. ;-D I'm biased, but I think Sims and Brooks are really close. Sims has that nasty streak to him...and is one of the fastest guys on our team...as a linebacker. Scary.

Callahan Bright might go to a prep school, by the way, because apparently he had a long way to go with academics heading into this year. He's made strides, but he was pretty far off. We'll see. Rouse has some work to do, too, but the coaches at Lincoln High are apparently pretty good with that sort of stuff.

To continue with the homerism, Xavier Lee of Florida State is a very impressive player. He has superb arm strength, although he's taking some time to develop since he played in a shotgun offense in high school. He's a dual threat quarterback with tantalizing athletic ability.
Drew Weatherford, also of FSU, is impressive, too. If the QB job is decided by work ethic, he'd take it without a doubt.

To add to your list, Kenneth Phillips of Miami is incredible. The dude can flat out hit...great size/speed...and is a superb, mature leader on the field. Hate to see him go to the dark side, but we never had much of a shot on him. I'll settle for just stealing Antone. :-D

I think Melvin Alaeze might outgrow DE in a 4-3 defensive set. Since Maryland runs a 3-4, he should fit in fine as a 3-4 DE. He's already pushing 280, so with some additional weight (doesn't need all that much), he could legitimately move inside. He's not exactly the fast rush end featured in college. His strength and size is what makes him who he is...he pushes guys around from the end.

Maualuga might outgrow LB as well.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Re: Future Drafts

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:08 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:3. Antonio Cromartie, CB, FSU
The best corner prospect in quite some time, he should be a special player in the league.

I love this choice right here... Antonio went to the same high school (and college) that I did... I have watched him play MANY times.... In high school he played both ways, and dominated on both sides of the ball... I think we saw a taste of what he can do in the FSU/Miami game to open last season... He damn near won that thing for us.... There is no doubt in my mind he'll eventually be a first round pick...

I see his father every day because he's the UPS man who delivers to my office... You couldn't hope to meet nicer people....

On a side note, I love your Ernie Sims pick, as well... That kid's going to be something special.... And it doesn't hurt that he's another local.... ;-D

Yea, I had a tough time deciding between Sims and Mario Williams for that final spot, both are elite prospects but I've had the pleasure of watching Sims about 6 times and I have only seen Williams twice.

I think Cromartie's best feature is his unparalelled ability to make officials blow the whistle dead when he fumbles kickoff returns or come up with some phantom penalty when they don't :P.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk