Baseball Games Up - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Baseball Games Up

Moderator: Football Moderators

Baseball Games Up

Postby Arlo » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:43 pm

Play ball! ;-D

If you're itching for games to play while we wait for the 2005 football season to kick off, try your hand at the Cafe's lineup of baseball contests.

This year, we've added a brand-new game: Lucky Ladders. How high can you climb without slipping? How confident are you in your predictions? One false step and you're done for the week, so be very careful in this contest where overconfidence is your greatest foe!

And after an exciting innaugural season that featured a terrific three-way duel for the title, Wicked Weekend is back. Unlike most survivor formats, this one won't leave you shaking your head after being eliminated in round one by a freak result - skill, not luck, will decide who takes home the prize in this game!

Of course, it wouldn't be a Cafe games season without the classic Pick3 Championship. Just predict three scores every week to earn points. Sounds simple? It is, but you'll find that mastering this game and beating the competition is a true challenge!

And for everyone who truly knows their baseball, we've completely revamped the Trivia Blitz. Can you not only find the right answers, but post the fastest time?

So step up to the plate and join the action! The winners won't just gain bragging rights throughout the Cafe, but will also pick up great prizes sponsored by

Good luck! ;-D
Last edited by Arlo on Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:41 pm

Just some extra added incentive for you football guys to join the games over there:

Yours truly will be moderating Lucky Ladders once again, so be prepared for some good times and some fun writeups from me! B-) ;-D :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:22 pm

you are turning into a trader arn't you! ;-) ....as Mr. DeNiro said in Meet the Parents..."I'll be watching you Focker" lol

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rhsrizzo » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:03 pm

I wish there were more games for the Basketball Cafe. Pick3 is good and all, but if only there were more games......
rhsrizzo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby menyak » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:51 pm

rhsrizzo wrote:I wish there were more games for the Basketball Cafe. Pick3 is good and all, but if only there were more games......

Actually we planned to offer a special version of Cafe Blackjack for the baseball side, but with the userbase merger and the new version of our trivia game (highly recommendable ;-D ) amongst other stuff there simply wasn't enough time, sorry. O:-) Anyway, Ladders is pretty new for the baseball folks, so there are actually two new games this year. More to come in the future. ;-)
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:59 pm

menyak wrote:
rhsrizzo wrote:I wish there were more games for the Basketball Cafe. Pick3 is good and all, but if only there were more games......

Actually we planned to offer a special version of Cafe Blackjack for the baseball side, but with the userbase merger and the new version of our trivia game (highly recommendable ;-D ) amongst other stuff there simply wasn't enough time, sorry. O:-) Anyway, Ladders is pretty new for the baseball folks, so there are actually two new games this year. More to come in the future. ;-)

Ooh, I wouldn't be able to resist Cafe Baseball Blackjack. But, until then, I'll stay here. ;-D

On a side note, I went to the Phillies home opener today...rockin' time. (Of course, as a football-first guy, the E-A-G-L-E-S chants for Darwin Walker who was sitting were my hilite :-b ).
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:56 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:you are turning into a trader arn't you!

Nah, in our league he hasn't made a single trade yet....of course he doesn't have any players worth trading for ;-)

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:05 pm

Mookie4ever_ffc wrote:
Dazedncnfz wrote:you are turning into a trader arn't you!

Nah, in our league he hasn't made a single trade yet....of course he doesn't have any players worth trading for ;-)

Derrek Lee is a SUPER STUD!!!!!1111!!!!1!!!

I'd watch your back, Mookie (not for me...not for me. :-o :-) )
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby rhsrizzo » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:47 pm

menyak wrote:

Well I'm not a big fan of baseball, but like I said, I would love to see more games for the Basketball Cafe. Any ideas for that?
rhsrizzo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby menyak » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:33 am

rhsrizzo wrote:Well I'm not a big fan of baseball, but like I said, I would love to see more games for the Basketball Cafe. Any ideas for that?

You knew we were gonna misread that, didn't you? :-D Sure, we're gonna adapt the basic Cafe games for basketball as well. As usual, we will do that before the start of the new season.
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk