DT Simon to Baltimore? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DT Simon to Baltimore?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:53 am

maddog60 wrote:And the trade fell through because Simon thought being paid like a top DT wasn't good enough. Boy I hope we can trade this egotistical underperformer off onto someone else.

he speaketh the truth...

Eagles | Simon Wants Long-term Deal - from http://www.KFFL.com
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:40:11 -0700

Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports Philadelphia Eagles DT Corey Simon, the team's franchise player, is still looking for a long-term deal and does not like the idea of risking a career-altering injury without the compensation of a large signing bonus. He said he recently discussed the situation with Eagles head coach Andy Reid. However, he said Philadelphia has not shown any interest in offering him a long-term deal.

Eagles | Simon Trade Talks with Ravens Dead? - from http://www.KFFL.com
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:39:37 -0700

Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports trade talks between the Philadelphia Eagles and Baltimore Ravens regarding Eagles' DT Corey Simon have already broken down per a league source. Simon confirmed there had been some conversation but later said there is nothing going on at this time. The Ravens are reportedly no longer interested because the long-term deal Simon is looking for is more than they are interested in paying. Reuben Frank, of PhillyBurbs.com, reports Simon said he has not received an offer from the Ravens.

trade talks may be down, but I still think they're not out. He'll come around.
Last edited by no1cowboysfan on Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:00 pm

I hope you're right. I want to see him gone. And heck, an extra 2nd and 3rd next year even would be fine with me (the Eagles have too many picks to sign as it is this year).
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:07 pm

Now if only the Raven's had picked up Trent Dilfer instead of the Browns, they would be a Super Bowl LOCK. As it stands, I would just consider them heavy favorites to win it all.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:33 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Now if only the Raven's had picked up Trent Dilfer instead of the Browns, they would be a Super Bowl LOCK. As it stands, I would just consider them heavy favorites to win it all.

he took them there once before, after all... ;-)

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:46 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Now if only the Raven's had picked up Trent Dilfer instead of the Browns, they would be a Super Bowl LOCK. As it stands, I would just consider them heavy favorites to win it all.

i would have welcomed dilfer back with open arms. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:21 am

How are they favorites? Indy, SD, Pats, and Pitt really should all be given the same odds as the Ravens, considering the Ravens didn't even make the playoffs last year. I love the moves they made, but in a tough AFC that doesn't make a previous non-playoff team automatic superbowl favorites.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:16 pm

they would still need to score points to win. I don't think the teams that are really tilted one way or another win the most -- seems to me like the balanced teams win more often than not.

I don't see that team being so good as to hand them the conference, let alone their division.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:19 pm

eaglesrule wrote:they would still need to score points to win. I don't think the teams that are really tilted one way or another win the most -- seems to me like the balanced teams win more often than not.

I don't see that team being so good as to hand them the conference, let alone their division.

defense and matt stover can score our points, just like they did in 2000. by the way, our defense (not a balanced team) took us to and won us a superbowl...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:26 pm

I didn't say it was impossible/

However, winning on having the best D or best O really is out of the norm. More often the winning teams are balanced.

And I do need to remind you that the division and conference have changed since then.

There are few teams that can also hold teams down, but their offenses are still better than baltimore's can hope to be.

The super d plan works sometimes, but it isn't where the smart money is.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:39 pm

even with Corey Simon, I though that Ravens still would have been behind Pitt and NE, maybe even Indy.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker