DT Simon to Baltimore? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DT Simon to Baltimore?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:00 pm

remember, the ravens still have a HUGE offensive thrrat in Jamal Lewis, and with the recent acquisation of Derrick Mason, the Ravens could be a very well balanced team next year.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:08 pm

they still need to throw mason the ball. I think they are better, not denying that. Heck, have as good a shot to make the Bowl as anyone. But even with Simon, it's laughable that they would be a lock. it think lewis, heap and mason are good players. That d is awesome. but pitt's d is awesome too, and they have weapons as well. the pats are awesomely balanced. heck kc has made some strides on d as well. Colts will be hard to stop, even if they can't stop you.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:12 pm

eaglesrule wrote:they still need to throw mason the ball. I think they are better, not denying that. Heck, have as good a shot to make the Bowl as anyone. But even with Simon, it's laughable that they would be a lock. it think lewis, heap and mason are good players. That d is awesome. but pitt's d is awesome too, and they have weapons as well. the pats are awesomely balanced. heck kc has made some strides on d as well. Colts will be hard to stop, even if they can't stop you.

I think last year's problem wasn't boller, it was the crappy receivers boller had to rely on when heap was injured. now that they have a quality receiver, I think Boller will become around an 18-20 ranked QB.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:45 pm

eh, perhaps. I'm not that impressed with him to be honest.

You can still be a good qb without the receivers, although I understand your point too.

We shall see.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:38 pm

dont forget ogden. he is a beast.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gatorman1122 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:27 pm

on the downside, Ogden's not exactly that young and injury resistant. Ogden's starting to lose his speed...i saw the colts/ravens game last year and Dwight Freeney gave Ogden a hard time. Ogden had to back down a few steps or get some help on several occasions.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:55 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:

on the downside, Ogden's not exactly that young and injury resistant. Ogden's starting to lose his speed...i saw the colts/ravens game last year and Dwight Freeney gave Ogden a hard time. Ogden had to back down a few steps or get some help on several occasions.

yeah, but Ogden is still arguable the best LT in the game, and that's nothing to complain about for us Raven fans.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:44 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:

well freeney is no slacker. ogden still holds his own.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:47 pm

RayVins wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:they would still need to score points to win. I don't think the teams that are really tilted one way or another win the most -- seems to me like the balanced teams win more often than not.

I don't see that team being so good as to hand them the conference, let alone their division.

defense and matt stover can score our points, just like they did in 2000. by the way, our defense (not a balanced team) took us to and won us a superbowl...

This is not 2000 though. I could make the same argument that in 2000, Faulk, Bruce and Holt made a fearsome force that was unbeatable, thus they should be able to do it again based on that logic, and of course such a claim is laughable. Rams may not even be the best team in the worst division in all of the NFL.

Its obvious the Ravens are trying to make a run at the SB, and they'll certainly be in contention, but heavy favorites? They've added a lot, but they've also lost some quality people. Overall improvement, definitely, but not enough to be SB favorites.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk