Denver's RB Depth Chart... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Denver's RB Depth Chart...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:19 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:I don't think that Tatum has his spot as "#1" safely secured, although he appears most likely at this point, Q Tip could give him a run for his money.

Did Mike Anderson retire??



Did anderson play FB or a 3rd down RB last year?? I forgot..


I believe he had a groin injury and was out the whole year. ;-D
Image

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3408
Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: waiting for the playoff push...

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:28 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:I don't think that Tatum has his spot as "#1" safely secured, although he appears most likely at this point, Q Tip could give him a run for his money.

Did Mike Anderson retire??



Did anderson play FB or a 3rd down RB last year?? I forgot..


I believe he had a groin injury and was out the whole year. ;-D


That's correct. I don't know if he'll be back or not. But if he is and at full strength, I'd push Dayne down another notch. I bet Shanny would rather have Anderson carry it than Griffin even.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12045
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby Vanter » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:11 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:I don't think that Tatum has his spot as "#1" safely secured, although he appears most likely at this point, Q Tip could give him a run for his money.

Did Mike Anderson retire??



Did anderson play FB or a 3rd down RB last year?? I forgot..


I believe he had a groin injury and was out the whole year. ;-D


That's correct. I don't know if he'll be back or not. But if he is and at full strength, I'd push Dayne down another notch. I bet Shanny would rather have Anderson carry it than Griffin even.


Anderson WILL be back next year, and resume his role mainly at the FB position. However, if Bell has some problems, Anderson could get some carries.

Anderson had a groin injury last season that required surgery.
Vanter
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1089
Joined: 1 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:32 am

cruiz03 wrote:I know that I'm gonna get it this, but this kid will put up Portis Denver RB numbers if not better. I can't wait to grab this kid in my redraft league.

Quickness and serious speed at 215lbs. I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop 1500-1650 yrd and 12-15 TD's.


Well, with Denver's offense, I guess I can see why he could maybe possibly get these numbers... but I am skeptical. I think a 1200 yard, 10 TD season is well within his reach, however. Tatum was one of my favored backs coming into last years draft... and imagine my anger when he was drafted 2 picks before our second rounder. I wasn't sure about JJ (truth is, my knowledge about him was limited), but it seems he'll work out fine... ;-D

I think Tatum, if he does nab the starting slot is a definite lock for a flux position in any FF league.
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

dayne steal TDs

Postby hwkyetkd11 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:26 am

Any worries of Dayne and Anderson serving as a bettis like goalline fill in? If they vulture all of his goalline TDs it wil obviously hurt his nembers. I agree the boy can playa nd may easily rack up 1200-1300 yards with quite a few receptions, but his TD numbers may be low.
Image
hwkyetkd11
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Posts: 488
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Iowa

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:39 am

IRON CHEF wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:I don't think that Tatum has his spot as "#1" safely secured, although he appears most likely at this point, Q Tip could give him a run for his money.

Did Mike Anderson retire??



Did anderson play FB or a 3rd down RB last year?? I forgot..


I believe he had a groin injury and was out the whole year. ;-D


Correction:

He had one of THE nastiest groin injuries of all time, that kept him on the bench the entire year, and almost ended his career....

His team mates reported hearing a very loud POP during a scrimmage and turning around to see Anderson on the ground clutching his groin.... The noise was his groin muscle pulling away from the bone...

I can safetly say that would have been it for me....
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: dayne steal TDs

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:41 am

hwkyetkd11 wrote:Any worries of Dayne and Anderson serving as a bettis like goalline fill in? If they vulture all of his goalline TDs it wil obviously hurt his nembers. I agree the boy can playa nd may easily rack up 1200-1300 yards with quite a few receptions, but his TD numbers may be low.


This is my major concern with Tatum Bell.... Lots of other folks will tell you that's not Shanny's style, but the way I see it the line in Denver is not AS dominant as it once was... Meaning I don't think we can count on just anyone being able to walk into the endzone from 5 yards out... I see LOTS of goal line steals this season in Denver....
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: dayne steal TDs

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:05 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
hwkyetkd11 wrote:Any worries of Dayne and Anderson serving as a bettis like goalline fill in? If they vulture all of his goalline TDs it wil obviously hurt his nembers. I agree the boy can playa nd may easily rack up 1200-1300 yards with quite a few receptions, but his TD numbers may be low.


This is my major concern with Tatum Bell.... Lots of other folks will tell you that's not Shanny's style, but the way I see it the line in Denver is not AS dominant as it once was... Meaning I don't think we can count on just anyone being able to walk into the endzone from 5 yards out... I see LOTS of goal line steals this season in Denver....


No... I thought of this as well, but I'm not particularily worried. Apparently, as many G-boys fans can tell you, Dayne didn't exactly impress last season at goalline carries. He might nab a few from Bell... but then again, with Bell's system, he'll still be a Duce/Warrick yardage whore. And I'm sure he'll cross the goalline a few times from farther out anyways...
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:13 pm

I look it at like this:

Featured RB depth chart:
Tatum Bell
Rookie RB
Mike Anderson
Quentin Griffin
Ron Dayne

3rd down RB:
Rookie RB
Quentin Griffin

Short yardage RB:
Mike Anderson
Ron Dayne

End of season starter:
Rookie RB
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:20 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I look it at like this:

Featured RB depth chart:
Tatum Bell
Rookie RB
Mike Anderson
Quentin Griffin
Ron Dayne

3rd down RB:
Rookie RB
Quentin Griffin

Short yardage RB:
Mike Anderson
Ron Dayne

End of season starter:
Rookie RB



Is there good news on Anderson?I seriously thought they said last year that the groin was a career ending injury.I may have misunderstood,so if you do know he will be back,then that's good news indeed.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:36 hours
(and 57 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact