Overrated 2005 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Overrated 2005

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:07 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:I'm not gonna argue that Mcgahee is overrated because personally I'm torn on that issue, but just something to throw out there.

Mcgahee ran for 100+ yards 7 times last year. Of those 7 games, here are the defenses he faced:

Miami (111yds)
Arizona (102yds)
NYJ (132yds)
STL (100yds)
Seattle (116yds)
Cleveland (105yds)
SF (102yds)

Of those 7 teams, only the Jets ranked in the top 20 (out of 32) in rushing defense.

In fact, the Browns, Fins, Rams, and Cards represent the teams ranked #32, #31, #29, and #27 respectively.

Against top defenses he put up:
Baltimore 58yds
NE 37yds
Pitt 79yds

Haven't seen his schedule for next year yet so this certainly isn't a break the bank type deal, but just something to throw out there.

It's on this note why I think McGahee is too overrated as well. I've seen him go as high as #2 overall (see Mock II), and that is utterly ridiculous. It is also for this reason I hope JJ follows up his rookie showing with a good year, so the critics will be quelled on him (he and McGahee are in a similar boat as far as this goes).
Point well taken about who he racked up those yards against last season, but they could once again be blessed with a pretty favorable schedule, and if that's the case, he may even better what he did last year vs. some of these pourous defensive units. Scheduling makes a difference when you are splitting hairs and ranking fantasy talent, IMO.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:23 pm

If you gamble on Mcgahee, you're gambling on JP Losman as well. Next year is an odd year for Mould's if you follow that. Oh yeah, will the Bills score 10+ defensive and special team TDs again in 2005 to keep them in games?

Mcgahee got a huge workload in 11 games last year to make him a top RB, but can he average 25+ carries a game with all these factors considered? Highly unlikely IMO. I sure hope the Bills O-line has improved along with Mcgahee's ypc average if he's going to be a top5 RB for next year....
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk