Derrick Johnson's value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Derrick Johnson's value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:38 pm

I dunno.... I see several places on that tape where he overpursues and misses a tackle... Because it is a highlight reel, he manages to make up for the miss by knocking the ball loose, but if those balls don't come out, those plays leave him with a lot of egg on his face...

NO WAY that guy deserves a number 1 pick... No way in this year's draft he deserves a top five....

DJ will slide in under the top 10 wire when Detroit takes him 10th overall, but honestly, I wouldn't consider it to be a major shocker if he slipped even further....

He's good, but he's not godlike.... And when you're talking about taking a LB at number 1, he'd better be pretty damn close to perfect....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:21 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I dunno.... I see several places on that tape where he overpursues and misses a tackle... Because it is a highlight reel, he manages to make up for the miss by knocking the ball loose, but if those balls don't come out, those plays leave him with a lot of egg on his face...

NO WAY that guy deserves a number 1 pick... No way in this year's draft he deserves a top five....

DJ will slide in under the top 10 wire when Detroit takes him 10th overall, but honestly, I wouldn't consider it to be a major shocker if he slipped even further....

He's good, but he's not godlike.... And when you're talking about taking a LB at number 1, he'd better be pretty damn close to perfect....

says the guy who's team drafted LaVar at 3? C'mon... :-b

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:22 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:I dunno.... I see several places on that tape where he overpursues and misses a tackle... Because it is a highlight reel, he manages to make up for the miss by knocking the ball loose, but if those balls don't come out, those plays leave him with a lot of egg on his face...

Ouch..... :-t

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:08 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

Ouch..... :-t

haha :-b

I think the Vikes will draft DJ if both MW and Edwards are gone. If they had the choice between those three guys, I think DJ would be ranked third.

Plindsey- dont you think pretty much every player in the draft has some sort of flaw? There was talk of Braylon dropping the occasional easy pass. Aaron Rodgers isnt very tall. When you draft a 21 or 22 year old guy you shouldnt be expecting a pro-bowler right away. I think in 3 or 4 years DJ will be a top 3 linebacker in the league. He will be good this year, and once he irons out his flaws he will be great.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Evolution » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:13 pm

I think you'll see a team who will really want DJ to trade up to the #2 or #3 pick to try and nab him. As was mentioned, the top teams in the draft are not in real need of a guy like DJ over some of the other players.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:38 pm

Evolution wrote:I think you'll see a team who will really want DJ to trade up to the #2 or #3 pick to try and nab him. As was mentioned, the top teams in the draft are not in real need of a guy like DJ over some of the other players.

Plus, Miami's pick is now on the trading block, so I could see the recipent of the #3 pick aiming for Derrick Johnson.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DUKE » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:12 pm

Despite his injury risks, I really like Channing Crowder in this year's class of LBers. He will drop because of his injuries, but if he stays healthy, he will be a stud.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Evolution » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:46 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
Evolution wrote:I think you'll see a team who will really want DJ to trade up to the #2 or #3 pick to try and nab him. As was mentioned, the top teams in the draft are not in real need of a guy like DJ over some of the other players.

Plus, Miami's pick is now on the trading block, so I could see the recipent of the #3 pick aiming for Derrick Johnson.

I think Miami is more of a smokescreen. They know that they cannot afford to trade it since they dont have a 2nd rounder to draft a good young RB with which would allow them more flexibility with the #2. If one of the picks get traded, I think it's more likely to be the #3.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby FF Newbie » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:28 am

The complaint's I've read on DJ include overpursuit and poor tackling mechanics.
I have to admit that both of these things are somewhat true. I also think that:

1. These are more than made up for by his big-play ability. He forced like 10 fumbles last year alone.

and

2. Both of those things are easily coachable. Every player in the draft will need some coaching.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:38 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:

BBBBBBBUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNN!!!

lavar arrington burns are the best... or redskin burns of any type...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk