Derrick Johnson's value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Derrick Johnson's value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:40 am

RayVins wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:I dunno.... I see several places on that tape where he overpursues and misses a tackle... Because it is a highlight reel, he manages to make up for the miss by knocking the ball loose, but if those balls don't come out, those plays leave him with a lot of egg on his face...

NO WAY that guy deserves a number 1 pick... No way in this year's draft he deserves a top five....

DJ will slide in under the top 10 wire when Detroit takes him 10th overall, but honestly, I wouldn't consider it to be a major shocker if he slipped even further....

He's good, but he's not godlike.... And when you're talking about taking a LB at number 1, he'd better be pretty damn close to perfect....

says the guy who's team drafted LaVar at 3? C'mon... :-b

BBBBBBBUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNN!!!

lavar arrington burns are the best... or redskin burns of any type...

speaking of LaVar Arrington burns, any idea on how Sean Taylor's eye is holding up? :-b

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:26 am

Evolution wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
Evolution wrote:I think you'll see a team who will really want DJ to trade up to the #2 or #3 pick to try and nab him. As was mentioned, the top teams in the draft are not in real need of a guy like DJ over some of the other players.

Plus, Miami's pick is now on the trading block, so I could see the recipent of the #3 pick aiming for Derrick Johnson.

I think Miami is more of a smokescreen. They know that they cannot afford to trade it since they dont have a 2nd rounder to draft a good young RB with which would allow them more flexibility with the #2. If one of the picks get traded, I think it's more likely to be the #3.

The fact that Miami does not have a second rounder is PRECISELY the reason they are looking to trade that #2 pick... If they could somehow package their 1st rounder with a later pick and nail down a mid to late first rounder and a second rounder, they'd be pretty well off....

On a side note, I hope someone got shot for giving up that second rounder in the first place... I sure hope AJ Feely does laundry and cleans the locker room in an attempt to have SOME sort of value in South Florida....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bennett4prez » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:39 pm

After watching the first half of the highlight reel, I found myself now undervaluing Derrick Johnson. I agree, every player will need some sort of coaching, but when you're a linebacker, you NEED to be able to apply a sure-fire tackles. Johnson overpursued on nearly every play I saw. He has fantastic speed, but a lot of his tackles were due to overloading on a blitz or agressive tackles where overpursuing nearly cost him a tackle.

He reminded me a lot like Minnesota Viking E.J. Henderson. I know E.J. was never up for #1 consideration and DJ is a better player, but if I had to compare him to someone it would be closer to E.J. than LaVar.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk