My 2005 Mock Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My 2005 Mock Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

My 2005 Mock Draft

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:11 am

OK, here is my 2005 Mock, let's see how I do:

1) San Francisco - Aaron Rodgers - QB, Cal (unless they can deal for Rivers)

2) Miami - Ronnie Brown - RB, Auburn (no brainer)

3) Cleveland - Alex Smith - QB, Utah (no brainer)

4) Chicago - Braylon Edwards - WR, Michigan (Thomas Jones is doing just fine)

5) Tampa - Cedric Benson - RB, Texas (as much as Gruden will want Mike Williams here, there is no getting around the need for a RB)

6) Tennessee - Antrel Rolle - CB, Miami (a Rolle to replace the other)

7) Minnesota - Mike Williams - WR, USC (Bye Bye Randy... Hello Mike...)

8) Arizona - Carnell Williams - RB, Auburn (I don't see how Arizona can avoid taking a RB if Cadillac is still on the board)

9) Washington - Pac Man Jones - CB, UWV (no brainer)

10) Detroit - Derrick Johnson - OLB, Texas (if he's still here at 10, they have to take him)

11) Dallas - Shawne Merriman - DE, Maryland (Parcells won't live without a decent pass rush)

12) San Diego - Erasmus James - DE, Wisconsin (Durability issues aside, EJ has too many skills not to be taken here)

13) Houston - Alex Barron - T, FSU (no brianer)

14) Carolina - Jammal Brown - T, Oklahoma (Carolina needs another Tackle in the worst kind of way... The D is pretty decent... The WR's should be OK with Smith back... The QB is good... Gotta go O-line here...)

15) Kansas City - Marcus Spears - DE, LSU (no brainer)

16) New Orleans - Demarcus Ware - OLB, Troy (he'll be the best available "linebacker" here...)

17) Cincinnati - David Pollack - DE, Georgia (The Bengals MUST improve their pass rush, and Pollack is the man to do it...)

18) Minnesota - Travis Johnson - DT, FSU (look out, this guy is a steal this far down, and Minnesota is starting to have a defense to be reckoned with)

19) St. Louis - Khalif Barnes - T, Washington (no brainer)

20) Dallas - Thomas Davis - OLB, Georgia (Williamson could go here, but I think Parcells will go D when making this close call...)

21) Jacksonville - Carlos Rodgers - CB, Auburn (They really need a corner to pair up with Mathis...)

22) Baltimore - Troy Williamson - WR, South Carolina (WR is their most glaring need, and I think Williamson is a nice fit here)

23) Seattle - Darryl Blackstock - OLB, UVA (The 'Hawks need a linebacker here, and Blackstock will be the best available...)

24) Green Bay - Brodney Pool - S, OU (GB MUST get some help in the secondary, and I think Pool will be the best remaining player for a postion in the secondary on the board...)

25) Denver - Mark Clayton - WR, OU (Rod Smith is getting old, and although Denver has many ways they could go with this pick, I think Clayton is the best value here...)

26) New York Jets - Heath Miller - TE, UVA ( The Jets have been after an impact TE forever, now, and I think this guy just makes too much sense here....)

27) Atlanta - Dan Cody - DE, OU (Basically, I think he is the best value still on the board...)

28) San Diego - Roddy White - WR, UAB (They have to go WR sometime early, and I think White will be the best value still on the board...)

29) Indianapolis - Marlin Jackson - CB, Michigan (Flip a coin.... It could be Washington, it could be Jackson, but either way the Colts are going CB here...)

30) Pittsburgh - Matt Jones - WR, Arkansas (This guy is too good of an athlete not to go in the first round.... If he can make the switch to WR, look for this to be the S.O.D.)

31) Philly - Shaun Cody - DT, USC (Someone has to fill the hole left by Corey Simon and Cody will be the best remaining option...)

32) New England - Channing Crowder - ILB, UF (The Patriots look good, with no glaring needs, but the oldest part of that team is at LB, and I think Crowder will be the best remaining guy on the board...)
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FF Newbie » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:28 am

Excellent mock, Plindsey. This is very similar to how I see the first round unfolding. I think Ware, Pollack, Blackstock, and Matt Jones are too high and Crowder is too low. Other than that, I like it a lot! ;-D
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:34 am

A mock that deviates from the norm a bit... but doesn't go off the wall. Excellent mock, Plindsey.

But did I miss something in the week I was gone? When did Ware shoot from a mid 2nd rounder to a mid first?

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:43 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:A mock that deviates from the norm a bit... but doesn't go off the wall. Excellent mock, Plindsey.

But did I miss something in the week I was gone? When did Ware shoot from a mid 2nd rounder to a mid first?

Ware's stock has been in the rise something fierce... I may have him a little high, but I still would not be surprised to see him go to the Saints... I think New Orleans will definitely be going linebacker, and I think after DJ, Ware is the best guy on the board... The other possibility here, I think, would be Burnett, but with his knee injury, I think the Saints can nab him later if they're really interested in taking that gamble....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:03 pm

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:07 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Here, check this out:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/hotlist.html

haha... I actually saw that list about an hour ago. But still, it never really says why. Was it a result of his pro day or private workout? Did he run a blazing 40, or dominate in position skills?

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:13 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Here, check this out:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/hotlist.html

haha... I actually saw that list about an hour ago. But still, it never really says why. Was it a result of his pro day or private workout? Did he run a blazing 40, or dominate in position skills?

Here is a review from the Senior Bowl:

• Troy State DE Demarcus Ware (6-3, 245) - demonstrated everything that was expected of him — speed, quickness, strength (430-pound bench press), explosion and a relentless pass-rush. More often than not, he beat offensive linemen like a drum in pursuit to the quarterback, which left members of the Houston Texans staff impressed. Ware lacks size, but would be a force at outside linebacker. Bengals fans will be happy to know that this promising pass-rusher met with the Cincinnati organization.

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby FF Newbie » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:21 pm

I wanted to add that your top 15 picks are exactly as I have them--the best I've seen. :-)
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CC » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:48 pm

Your top 10 are exactly the same as mine except I have MW and Braylon switched, I like Braylon better but I have read that the Bears are higher on MW.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:10 pm

Very good mock, one of the best I've seen.

My compliments:
-Dan Cody in the perfect spot
-Heath Miller too

Criticisms:
-I don't think Channing Crowder will hold on until the Pats pick.
-As believeable as it could be, I personally can't picture Mike Williams ending up on teh Vikes. The vikes have too many defensive needs, and they should rather go for possibly:
-Jones
-Johnson
-Merriman

I don't think it's a smart idea to go after mike williams, because I think they'll passing offense will still do great even eithout Randy Moss.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk