My 2005 Mock Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My 2005 Mock Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:14 pm

I almost didn't think you had Thomas Davis on here, then I saw you had him listed as a linebacker...whew. Although the Saints do have a need for linebacker, I don't think taking Ware immediately with our first pick is the right move...Thomas Davis would be the better player for us, should make an immediate impact...Bellamy is aging. There'll be plenty of linebackers all nearly on the same level available for our second round pick. Matt Jones could go first round, but I don't think he'd be the steal of the draft there, while he could turn out excellent in the NFL. I also think the Colts would take Fabian Washington in that situation, but you said it yourself; it's a coin flip. Nice mock Plindsey.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:56 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:Very good mock, one of the best I've seen.

My compliments:
-Dan Cody in the perfect spot
-Heath Miller too

Criticisms:
-I don't think Channing Crowder will hold on until the Pats pick.
-As believeable as it could be, I personally can't picture Mike Williams ending up on teh Vikes. The vikes have too many defensive needs, and they should rather go for possibly:
-Jones
-Johnson
-Merriman

I don't think it's a smart idea to go after mike williams, because I think they'll passing offense will still do great even eithout Randy Moss.

They have done tons in free agency on defense. They will only go defense with their first pick if both MW and Edwards are gone, and then they will get a guy like Williamson with their second first rounder.

I like this mock a lot. I think the Saints may go for Thomas Davis ahead of Ware, and the Benglas will probably take Travis Johnson over Pollack. I like Crowder to the Pats, but with Fabian Washington still on the board they may go with him.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GMoney » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:05 pm

yeah...

I still think that TB is gonna be taking MW. but if they do decide to go RB the cadillac is their man and Benson will go to the cards. I also think the cards WONT take a RB in round 1...

I think Pac-Man or possibly Derrick Johnson will go to the cards who grab a RB in the 2nd round... they are said to be smitten with JJ arington, and Marion Barber II, among others.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:52 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:Very good mock, one of the best I've seen.

My compliments:
-Dan Cody in the perfect spot
-Heath Miller too

Criticisms:
-I don't think Channing Crowder will hold on until the Pats pick.
-As believeable as it could be, I personally can't picture Mike Williams ending up on teh Vikes. The vikes have too many defensive needs, and they should rather go for possibly:
-Jones
-Johnson
-Merriman

I don't think it's a smart idea to go after mike williams, because I think they'll passing offense will still do great even eithout Randy Moss.

They have done tons in free agency on defense. They will only go defense with their first pick if both MW and Edwards are gone, and then they will get a guy like Williamson with their second first rounder.

I like this mock a lot. I think the Saints may go for Thomas Davis ahead of Ware, and the Benglas will probably take Travis Johnson over Pollack. I like Crowder to the Pats, but with Fabian Washington still on the board they may go with him.

I know that they've done a great job or upgrading their defense, but to me it still seems that there is a big gap in their defense that needs to be filled.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Evolution » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:10 pm

Really like the mock. A couple of comments:

I'm high on Ware (even though half the cafe has no clue who he is). He's had an incredible off-season and I would not be surprised if he was taken there.

With today's news of the Hall acquisition, even if the Chiefs get Surtain in a trade, I still think they're going to go CB. While Spears is definitely a possibility, it's more probable they'll go with Carlos Rogers in my mind.

Minnesota's getting a WR one way or another in this first round, so I really like your arguments about them.

I dont really see how Thomas Davis would fit into a 3-4 scheme as a LB. He's an impact player, obviously, but with Roy Williams already in Dallas, it really limits what they can do with him on the field. Personally, I think they're more likely to go with Blackstock purely based on team need rather than the overall better player in Davis.

Speaking of Blackstock, I dont think he ends up in Seattle. I strongly doubt they'd take an OLB when a better ILB is out on the board there in Crowder. Even with the off-field issues, the staff committed to Koren Robinson this off-season, so I dont think they'd have a problem with that.

There are other things, but my only other comments are purely positive, so there's no need to post them. Great job! ;-D
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk