Return to Football Talk

TO wants new Deal?

Moderator: Football Moderators

TO wants new Deal?

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:54 pm

Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:10 pm

well he won't get one so...
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:33 pm

there's no way the eagles would give him $21 m base next year, when he would get $3.5 m on his current contract. I'd like to see him leave though, and if the deal isn't worked out, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up on a different team (maybe dallas or KC??), That would really suck for the eagles though.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:51 pm

OK, so he's good, and helped take the team to the next level...but one year and now you want more? I hate player salaries. :-P

Sad thing is he's probably right in doing it - I very seriously doubt the Eagles will want to pay the back-end of that contract...that's why we have so many restructured deals and trades to teams with more room.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:21 pm

He ain't going anywhere, he has no leverage, let him sit out. The Eagles hold all the cards.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:28 pm

Drew Rosenhaus is one busy guy.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:58 am

The only way TO would get more money for one year would be... well if Andy Reid suddenly didn't call the shots, that's about when. I would not be opposed to the Eagles possibly working some incentives into his contract, bonuses for 15+ TDs in a season, etc, but not changing an already lucrative deal.

Oh, and I'm beginning to see throughout the league that Rosenhaus is trying to compete with the Postons in arrogance and extravagance. Yeah agents should get their players big bucks, but it seems like these guys are just trying to get numbers that will attract new players, knowing full well the team will never pay all that money to their client. Like the Postons, I think he might have some clients going on record "My agent made that demand, I didn't," and eventually getting rid of him.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:23 pm

couple of things --

I don't think TO is THAT out of line for wanting a little more.

The contract the Eagles have is very, very favorable to them as it stands. And the other thing is, they have a hell of a lot of leeway shoudl they want to cut him if need be.

Given that he risked his health and busted his hump to get back for the Super Bowl, I don't think he is out of line for wanting a little more -- he upheld his end of the bargain.

IF he wants to play hardball, so be it. The Eagles hold all the cards. He would look so foolish in public for doing anything to the team and beloved QB who fought for him and stuck up for him. Screw him if he wants to play real hardball. I have a feeling Reid will tell his new agent what they would tell anyone. Pound sand.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:34 pm

eaglesrule wrote:couple of things --

I don't think TO is THAT out of line for wanting a little more.

The contract the Eagles have is very, very favorable to them as it stands. And the other thing is, they have a hell of a lot of leeway shoudl they want to cut him if need be.

Given that he risked his health and busted his hump to get back for the Super Bowl, I don't think he is out of line for wanting a little more -- he upheld his end of the bargain.

IF he wants to play hardball, so be it. The Eagles hold all the cards. He would look so foolish in public for doing anything to the team and beloved QB who fought for him and stuck up for him. Screw him if he wants to play real hardball. I have a feeling Reid will tell his new agent what they would tell anyone. Pound sand.

I think playing in the Super Bowl was more for TO than for the team.What player wants to sit out of the big game when you get so few chances to get there?The best thing for the team(at the time)would have been to listen to the doctors and get healthy.Turns out he didn't get hurt,but if he had it would hurt the Eagles much more than it would him.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:38 pm

well, I'm not so sure I agree with that -- considering he had a monster game.

If he had gotten hurt, the eagles could have just cut him, they have a lot of escape clauses and protection in that contract.

Of course it wasn't selfless to play.

That said, he was brought here to play in that game. It turns out the eagles made it without Owens. But all things considered he went above and beyond the call of duty and helped his team in the big game, with a prime time performance.

Diffcult to say what the "best" thing was, but it is safe to say he didn't hurt. And, he wasn't that protected financially if he were to end his career playing on that leg.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk