My turn for a Mock Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My turn for a Mock Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GMoney » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:27 pm

vanter... i actually have the broncos taking a CB not a WR... i was just saying that WR is a possibility. Smith is gettin older and Lelie and Watts still have alot to prove.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:12 am

It's not my favorite mock draft, but I do like quite a few of the awkward selections, as they tend to make sense with me.

Particularly, Arizona going CB. I think DJ is another possibility here, but with such depth at RB, and the possibility still of Henry (rumor was asking price was 2nd rounder) or another upgrade at RB left in the 2nd, I'm still shocked at how standard it is for them to be drafting a RB.

Washington could go WR, I think CB is more likely, but with your previous selections, them going WR makes sense. Could go DE too.

I disagree with just about everyone who thinks WR or TE is what Pittsburgh should go for. I think CB is a much great need for them, completes their team, but I didn't follow college ball too much, so maybe they could get an equally good CB at the end of the 2nd round as at the end of the first.

Oh, and the Patriots would jump at the top ILB in the first round. Patten and Brown were replaced by Terrell and Dwight in depth, but more importantly, they've been grooming Branch and Givens to take over as #1 and #2, so they didn't even lose starters really there. Andruzzi hurts, but a decent guard could be found later or traded up for if necessary in the 2nd. Law doesn't hurt much, and I think finding an eventually replacement for Poole was likely their original plan, but Bruschi is not coming back (sorry, I love the guy because he represents everything I love about football, but 31, hole in his heart, had a stroke, family to think about, taking a year off, he's just in denial if he doesn't see retirement staring him in the face).
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Vanter » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:10 pm

GMoney wrote:vanter... i actually have the broncos taking a CB not a WR... i was just saying that WR is a possibility. Smith is gettin older and Lelie and Watts still have alot to prove.

I like your CB pick for Denver, and I believe that is what Shanahan should focus on. There is a good chance for Denver to select a WR in the 1st, I just don't believe that it would be the smartest move.

Of course we could always just pick up some of Cleveland's under-achieving WRs since we already acquired their DL. :-? :-°
Vanter
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:59 pm

I don't think the Eagles are going to pick a WR in the first round. I think it is almost definate they will pick a DL.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:20 pm

remember that Philly has an early 2nd round pick (Thanks, Feeley!). Better take the value WR then, and Anttaj might fall to the eagles 2nd rounder. Or possibly even Shaun Cody.

So yes, it makes more sense to draft the WR, then grab one of the 1-2 rounder guys with the second pick.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:56 pm

eaglesfan wrote:I don't think the Eagles are going to pick a WR in the first round. I think it is almost definate they will pick a DL.

I picture them draftign a defensive tackle to replace Simon if he ends up in baltimore.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:41 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
eaglesfan wrote:I don't think the Eagles are going to pick a WR in the first round. I think it is almost definate they will pick a DL.

I picture them draftign a defensive tackle to replace Simon if he ends up in baltimore.

Especially if they get extra picks from Baltimore, they'll trade up to take a WR, then go DT in the 2nd round. If they stand pat, DT to replace Simon whether he leaves or not makes perfect sense.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:53 pm

maddog60 wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:

Especially if they get extra picks from Baltimore, they'll trade up to take a WR, then go DT in the 2nd round. If they stand pat, DT to replace Simon whether he leaves or not makes perfect sense.

yeah, this makes sense too.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk