ODotW: Part 7 RESULTS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ODotW: Part 7 RESULTS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby pdub » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:56 am

i don't understand all the love for hasselbeck. that dudes terrible...
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:04 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:I sort of disagree, Collins is pretty much where he should be. I can't think of anyone after him that deserves to be ranked above him...

Nice rankings MeShawn, the same 10 as I put. ;-D Two differences in the order though.

I am with joshy...Collins is exactly where he should be and not any lower.

Tell me which other qb should be ranked above him based on situation. Which other NFL qb has Moss and Porter and Jordan at his disposal that is not ranked above him. People are giving collins the benefit of being in a great situation. Not that he hasn't proved anything.

1. Collins loves to throw it deep
2. Moss loves to go deep
3. Porter made his name catching the deep ball
4. Jordan may actually be a good pass-catching rb

I personally rank him 4 or 5. At least ahead of Trent Green because they are a running team.

Explain to me who has a the potential to put up numbers like the Raiders. Do not use Collins as your premise. Pick a qb and pump him and his offense up to be better than collins and the Raiders..
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:18 am

I agree Collins should improve fantasy wise this year,but ahead of Green?He is always near the top in passing numbers,and usually has respectable TD numbers.Possibly more if the old man Priest finally breaks down as he has shown he is bound to do,if not this year,maybe the next.It's not a knock on Collins or the addition of Moss,but a testament to Trent's game.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby hastur » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:20 am

mtryanks12 wrote:I also think Collins is too high, because even with a new receiver in Randy Moss, he hasn't proven himself with Randy in the backfield. I'm sure it'll help him, but how much??

Then again, this could just be me.

Randy in the backfield???
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby MadScott » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:52 pm

ljthockey wrote:Solid Rankings ;-D

I dont agree with Collins so high and Brady and Vick not making top 10 but its still solid rankings ;-D
Brady not being in the top ten I'll agree with you on, he should be but not on Vick. While Vick is a winner and a good athlete, he really has yet to live up to the potential of where he has been drafted in the past 2 fantasy drafts. Until he can gain command of the offense that they are running in ATL now, he's going to be an average fantasy QB IMO.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:03 pm

hastur wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:I also think Collins is too high, because even with a new receiver in Randy Moss, he hasn't proven himself with Randy in the backfield. I'm sure it'll help him, but how much??

yeah, but he could still throw a crapload of INT's. Randy has very little effect on that.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Evolution » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:19 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
hastur wrote:

yeah, but he could still throw a crapload of INT's. Randy has very little effect on that.

I think the Randy in the backfield comment was meant more as you kinda mis-wording that making Moss look like an RB. Sorry if you didnt get it :-)
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:36 pm

Evolution wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
hastur wrote:

I think the Randy in the backfield comment was meant more as you kinda mis-wording that making Moss look like an RB. Sorry if you didnt get it :-)

no problemo
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk