Another convicted Raven gets off pretty easy... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Another convicted Raven gets off pretty easy...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:02 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
RayVins wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:rolle wasnt a raven when he commited that crime.

yeah he knows... he just likes giving me and other ravens fan hard times.

He's a Raven now though, and it doesn't make him any less of a ruffian because he committed the crime as a member of another team.

it could... maybe now he's a changed man.

that can often happen when people come to ray lewis' ravens...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:09 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
RayVins wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:rolle wasnt a raven when he commited that crime.

yeah he knows... he just likes giving me and other ravens fan hard times.

He's a Raven now though, and it doesn't make him any less of a ruffian because he committed the crime as a member of another team.

but it does reflect on the team he came from also if you wanna take that approach.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:33 pm

LOL,Convicts...Baltimore,the NFL's home for wayward boys.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:52 pm

This is how it works:

-If you are convicted of a crime when you are a memebr of the Ravens, then you can hurt their morale.

-If you are convicted of a crime when you are a member of another team, then join the ravens, it doesn't matter.

Therefore, I don't care if Samari Rolle did some crap, because he wasn't on the Ravens. And it will probably only make him stronger on the inside.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby hastur » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:09 pm

Great book suggestion: "Pro's and Con's: Criminals who play in the NFL"

Lots of info on the law-breaking idiots(on ALL teams) who have played in the NFL. Dallas and Ravens just have had some more than others. All the other fans who point out our not-so-squeaky clean past are also those looking for their first superbowl. Jealousy can get ugly! }:-)
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:49 pm

what a dick, there's no reason to beat your wife.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:32 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:This is how it works:

-If you are convicted of a crime when you are a memebr of the Ravens, then you can hurt their morale.

-If you are convicted of a crime when you are a member of another team, then join the ravens, it doesn't matter.

Therefore, I don't care if Samari Rolle did some crap, because he wasn't on the Ravens. And it will probably only make him stronger on the inside.

Good logic, except for one thing... THE RAVENS KNEW HE BEAT HIS WIFE WHEN THEY SIGNED HIM. Of course it hurts the image... reputation procedes with the player, not the franchise. Too many players (90s Cowboys, 00 Ravens) on one team makes for a bad team reputation.

Oh, and I am questioning also why beating your wife would make you stronger on the inside.

Good post... really. :-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:38 pm

chaindog35 wrote:what a dick, there's no reason to beat your wife.

Thank you! Who gives a crap, Ravens, Cowboys, it can all be thrown out the window. The fact is, you defend a wife beater. Rolle is getting off light, and it has nothing to do with his team, and everything to do with what's wrong with all professional sports anymore: athletes arent held accountable for their actions.

I'll believe Rolle is a changed man as soon as I believe Ricky Williams actually wants to play football. He got off way too easy just like Randy McMichael who hit his pregnant wife while intoxicated. But apparently, alcohol is an excuse for any behavior, just ask Leonard Little.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:47 am

haha ya MTR somehow I dont think domestic violence makes someone stronger on the inside.

A teams reputation eh? I dont think you can look down on the Baltimore Ravens because they happen to have some convicts on their team. It's not like they sign these guys because they are convicts. Rolle is a great player. Ray Lewis is a great player. Jamal Lewis is a great player. I think the Ravens keep these guys around because of that, not because they are all jail buddies.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:58 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:This is how it works:

Good logic, except for one thing... THE RAVENS KNEW HE BEAT HIS WIFE WHEN THEY SIGNED HIM. Of course it hurts the image... reputation procedes with the player, not the franchise. Too many players (90s Cowboys, 00 Ravens) on one team makes for a bad team reputation.

Oh, and I am questioning also why beating your wife would make you stronger on the inside.

Good post... really. :-D

actually we didnt know that he beat his wife when he signed. he wasnt actaully convicted or whatever when he signed...

besides we have a history of turning players around who have had some troubles in the past. i gotta say, whatever anger they channel into football seems to work out...

by the way, good post... hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk