Another convicted Raven gets off pretty easy... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Another convicted Raven gets off pretty easy...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:35 am

portisfan24 wrote:A teams reputation eh? I dont think you can look down on the Baltimore Ravens because they happen to have some convicts on their team. It's not like they sign these guys because they are convicts. Rolle is a great player. Ray Lewis is a great player. Jamal Lewis is a great player. I think the Ravens keep these guys around because of that, not because they are all jail buddies.

exactly.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:23 am

RayVins wrote:ray lewis: got off because he didnt actually kill anyone.

O.J. didn't kill anyone either. :-b
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby RayVins » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:04 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
RayVins wrote:ray lewis: got off because he didnt actually kill anyone.

O.J. didn't kill anyone either. :-b

if the glove doesnt fit, you must aquit...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:32 pm

RayVins wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:This is how it works:

-If you are convicted of a crime when you are a memebr of the Ravens, then you can hurt their morale.

-If you are convicted of a crime when you are a member of another team, then join the ravens, it doesn't matter.

Therefore, I don't care if Samari Rolle did some crap, because he wasn't on the Ravens. And it will probably only make him stronger on the inside.

Good logic, except for one thing... THE RAVENS KNEW HE BEAT HIS WIFE WHEN THEY SIGNED HIM. Of course it hurts the image... reputation procedes with the player, not the franchise. Too many players (90s Cowboys, 00 Ravens) on one team makes for a bad team reputation.

Oh, and I am questioning also why beating your wife would make you stronger on the inside.

Good post... really. :-D

actually we didnt know that he beat his wife when he signed. he wasnt actaully convicted or whatever when he signed...

besides we have a history of turning players around who have had some troubles in the past. i gotta say, whatever anger they channel into football seems to work out...

by the way, good post... hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

LOL, I'd say the Ravens knew about this when they signed Rolle. Just because you didn't know it when he signed doesn't mean that the Ravens didn't.

And there's almost nothing I hate more than wifebeaters, how it could make you stronger on the inside is beyond me. It just means that you are a pompous ass that can't control your emotions.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:38 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:This is how it works:

-If you are convicted of a crime when you are a memebr of the Ravens, then you can hurt their morale.

-If you are convicted of a crime when you are a member of another team, then join the ravens, it doesn't matter.

Therefore, I don't care if Samari Rolle did some crap, because he wasn't on the Ravens. And it will probably only make him stronger on the inside.

Good logic, except for one thing... THE RAVENS KNEW HE BEAT HIS WIFE WHEN THEY SIGNED HIM. Of course it hurts the image... reputation procedes with the player, not the franchise. Too many players (90s Cowboys, 00 Ravens) on one team makes for a bad team reputation.

Oh, and I am questioning also why beating your wife would make you stronger on the inside.

Good post... really. :-D

the ravens don't really care about that. If I owned the Ravens, and the best NFL players were OJ Simpson , Michael Jackson, Leonard Little, Timothy McVeigh, Jamal Lewis, Martha Stewart, BTK, and Jack the Ripper, and I could sign all of them because they were free agents, I would. I wouldn't care about the record, a good owner would pick the best players. Period. And the Lewis duo and Samari Rolle are all amazing players despite their pasts.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:41 pm

now that you mention it...michael jackson might actually be an improvement at QB :*)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:46 pm

I hate to say it, but this is not exactly getting off easy these days... A guy that hits his wife one time, usually doesn't ever do any time... Probation is pretty much the standard punishment... In fact, a $10,000 fine is pretty hefty under the circumstances....

I'm not saying it's right, but that's how it is...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:48 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:now that you mention it...michael jackson might actually be an improvement at QB :*)

I actually agree with you here deluxe :-)
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:50 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:now that you mention it...michael jackson might actually be an improvement at QB :*)

Yeah, but the center might get a little more than he bargained for....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:08 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:

Yeah, but the center might get a little more than he bargained for....

LMAO!!! :-) :-) :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk