Another convicted Raven gets off pretty easy... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Another convicted Raven gets off pretty easy...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:53 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I hate to say it, but this is not exactly getting off easy these days... A guy that hits his wife one time, usually doesn't ever do any time...

I wouldnt know the statistics that prove it either way (if you do, please post a link), but I think just out of habit it would be more likely, because it'd be easier for someone who would ever do that to do it again once they have.

Probation is pretty much the standard punishment... In fact, a $10,000 fine is pretty hefty under the circumstances....

I'm not saying it's right, but that's how it is...

10k is alot for average people, but for someone earning millions a year, its a slap on the wrist.

Yes, this was his first time, but I'm of the opinion that violent crimes need a much more severe punishment than non-voilent crimes. No jail time for a violent crime just doesn't seem right.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:23 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:now that you mention it...michael jackson might actually be an improvement at QB :*)

I actually agree with you here deluxe :-)

Jeez MTR, a few days ao you were preaching that...

mtryanks12 wrote:I think last year's problem wasn't boller, it was the crappy receivers boller had to rely on when heap was injured. now that they have a quality receiver, I think Boller will become around an 18-20 ranked QB.

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... ht=#828218

I guess Michael Jackson was on your sleeper chart? Considering you also predicted 20 TDs from Boller in the 05 predictions forum...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tyr » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:01 pm

Dallas fans are cute when they manage to muster up a little aggression. Thankfully that only happens in the offseason... }:-)
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:55 pm

Tyr wrote:Dallas fans are cute when they manage to muster up a little aggression. Thankfully that only happens in the offseason... }:-)

I didn't see you beating us last year. Or the year before. Or twice out of the last fifteen games. :-b
Last edited by no1cowboysfan on Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tyr » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:59 pm

Gibbs would've felt bad leaving you 'boys behind his first year back. I mean, if we had given you the stomping you had deserved, you guys would've been tied with Miami and Cleveland.. what kind of rivalry would that be? ;-7

In all seriousness, I'm still annoyed that the 'skins didn't win the home game. The final pass to Gardner should've been gold. Peh.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:16 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:now that you mention it...michael jackson might actually be an improvement at QB :*)

I actually agree with you here deluxe :-)

Jeez MTR, a few days ao you were preaching that...

mtryanks12 wrote:I think last year's problem wasn't boller, it was the crappy receivers boller had to rely on when heap was injured. now that they have a quality receiver, I think Boller will become around an 18-20 ranked QB.

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... ht=#828218

I guess Michael Jackson was on your sleeper chart? Considering you also predicted 20 TDs from Boller in the 05 predictions forum...

yeah, the receivers were part of the problem, but he still sucks as a QB. And if he throws 20 TD's, he'll probably throw 30 INT's woth it. Also note that in teh 2005 predictions forum where I wrote that, I also included the word "bold" in the post, meaning that they were very BOLD predictions that probably won't happen.

And yes, MJ is on my sleep er chart,
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk