Darksiders trying to take over - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Darksiders trying to take over

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:51 pm

can someone direct me to a thread detailing this rivalry, if there is one? is the baseball cafe older? because it seems that we are considered the second class citizens, when everyone knows that baseball is footballs annoying little cousin when it comes to fantasy sports.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:26 pm

hastur wrote:baseball? I've heard of that 'sport' before I suppose, but can't place it. Could you describe it? }:-)

My order of favorite sports:

8. camel wrestling(I saw this on espn late at night once)


You've got to be kidding, this is a sport?
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14333
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 7609

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:31 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:can someone direct me to a thread detailing this rivalry, if there is one? is the baseball cafe older? because it seems that we are considered the second class citizens, when everyone knows that baseball is footballs annoying little cousin when it comes to fantasy sports.



yeah, the baseball cafe came first, and the guys over there have a lot more posts than we do.

Wo cares if they break a meaningless record?? It would just be hundreds of guys on there, just sitting there, to beat us. I don't see a point.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4671
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hastur » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:34 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
hastur wrote:baseball? I've heard of that 'sport' before I suppose, but can't place it. Could you describe it? }:-)

My order of favorite sports:

8. camel wrestling(I saw this on espn late at night once)


You've got to be kidding, this is a sport?


It was mid-1992 or so, between 11 pm and 2 am. On the T.V. was huge desert with a ring of middle-easterners about 100 feet in diameter. In the middle was two camels 'wrestling'. The commentators stated the object was for one camel to 'pin' the other camels neck to the ground.

One of the weirdest thing I ever saw...
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 963
Joined: 15 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Carolina

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:59 pm

i was over there browsing around last night and noticed 70 users online...we only had 13 :-o
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby ljthockey » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:02 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i was over there browsing around last night and noticed 70 users online...we only had 13 :-o


Its baseball season bro were in the offseason. They should have more users online.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

Image
ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4283
Joined: 30 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Nebraska....?

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:53 pm

ljthockey wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:i was over there browsing around last night and noticed 70 users online...we only had 13 :-o


Its baseball season bro were in the offseason. They should have more users online.


i guess what surprised me most was that it was about 10:00 pm PST
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:36 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
ljthockey wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:i was over there browsing around last night and noticed 70 users online...we only had 13 :-o


Its baseball season bro were in the offseason. They should have more users online.


i guess what surprised me most was that it was about 10:00 pm PST

Haha, that's scary man...about 1 AM for any of those guys on the East Coast, and that's probably most of them. :-b
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6861
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:26 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:
ljthockey wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:i was over there browsing around last night and noticed 70 users online...we only had 13 :-o


Its baseball season bro were in the offseason. They should have more users online.


i guess what surprised me most was that it was about 10:00 pm PST

Haha, that's scary man...about 1 AM for any of those guys on the East Coast, and that's probably most of them. :-b


Just proves that fantasy baseballers have no lives. This is a Friday night too! sheesh
Image
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6196
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Canada

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:16 am

Mookie4ever_ffc wrote:Hockey Cafe:

Most users ever online was 8 on Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:20 pm


Give us a season and we'll leave you guys in the dust!


This has to be the funniest comment in the thread. :-b
Image

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3408
Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: waiting for the playoff push...

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 6:04 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact