Air McNair gonna stick it out for at least 1 more year.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Air McNair gonna stick it out for at least 1 more year....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:27 pm

I wouldnt draft a Titan QB with my last pick in a 40 round draft, mcnair will be the starter, he'll struggle, get injured, play on and off forcing volek to play on and off and neither of them will be good fantasy options with the exceptions of a couple weeks, like it was this year.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:25 pm

maddog60 wrote:Because we all know Vick had a monster day against that very same KC defense, when he put up, oh wait, they blanked him and rolled on for 56 points. So even if Volek played bad defenses, he appears to have played them better than Vick did.

I do like those stats, and hope the Titans give Volek a fair shot to become their franchise guy.

Ugh...that's probably not a great example. Who did Vick pass all over against??? He threw for over 200 yards only 3 times last year. Most QB's average over 200 yards a game for the entire year...I would take Derrick Mason and Drew Bennett over Peerless Price and Brian Finneran no matter who is throwing to them. ;-)

All I am saying is that you shouldn't tout a guy as a total stud when the only competition they have faced was sub-standard for most if not all the year. That's like playing a video game on the easiest computer setting and dominating, then saying you're one of the best players in the world. How can you know how good you really are until you play it on a harder computer setting or against other people that have skill?

Volek had a terrible day against Denver. They had the 6th best pass defense in the NFL last year. So, that tells me that in the one "major" test he had, he didn't do as good as a "stud" would do. Therefore logically to me, I would start him against bad D's and sit him against good ones. That's exactly what I would do with a guy like Vick. He's by no means an every-week starter even though he has big-time talent. And yes, I know Vick's best game came against the Broncos...doesn't make up for the other 13 games where he passed for under 200 yards. :-)

Plus, Volek's not even the starting QB on his team right now! :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:18 pm

That must be painful... to have bone grafted onto your sternum. Wonder how much they took from his hip.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk