Henry to the Cards? (I know, I know...) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry to the Cards? (I know, I know...)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Henry to the Cards? (I know, I know...)

Postby bigGAME101 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:27 pm

Can't give ya'll a link, but word out of ESPN Insider rumors is that a trade of Henry for Shelton is likely to be completed in the next few days. Apparently, the Cards have elected to take Buffalo's offer and switch second round picks to get Henry. IMO, kind of a dumb move for Zona, but somehow Donahoue seems to be a master of swinging deals and managing the team.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:44 pm

I really like the way Buffalo has handled this whole situation. They were quite happy to keep a starting caliber RB as a backup while Arizona did not want to enter the draft needing defense a QB and a RB.

While Losman scares me the Bills seem to be making all the right moves of late and Shaud Williams proved himself more than capable of being a backup last season IMO.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Henry to the Cards? (I know, I know...)

Postby maddog60 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:14 pm

bigGAME101 wrote:Can't give ya'll a link, but word out of ESPN Insider rumors is that a trade of Henry for Shelton is likely to be completed in the next few days. Apparently, the Cards have elected to take Buffalo's offer and switch second round picks to get Henry. IMO, kind of a dumb move for Zona, but somehow Donahoue seems to be a master of swinging deals and managing the team.

So you think the Cards should've taken likely the 3rd best RB in the draft instead, and then lesser defensive picks throughout the draft, whereas now they have a starting RB, and can grab a playmaker like Derrick Johnson, Pac-man Jones, or Antrell Rolle?
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TTTBone » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:53 pm

I'm just saying...
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:09 pm

I'm surprised that Zona is taking the chance on Henry rather than going for a younger RB in the draft. Then again, Henry is a proven RB in the NFL, rather than the rookies.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:51 pm

TTTBone wrote:Image

I'm just saying...

Rumor Central is a feature of the ESPN Insider, he must not be an Insider.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Xtreme » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:13 pm

Well boys, I live in Buffalo, and I haven't heard anything about this. The trade has been on the table for weeks (maybe months), and the last we heard around here was that the Bills were perfectly happy taking Henry into training camp as a backup (I'm sure it was just a negotiating tactic).

One theory around here was that since his value dropped so much in the offseason, they were going to hold on to him until preseason when that starting RB gets injured (which RB, I don't know, but there is always somebody), and then they could deal him to a team that was desperate.

Personally, I'd like to see them get Shelton and exchange their 2nd round pick for Arizona's 1st. I'm not overrating Henry, in fact, I was never really that fond of him, but he's the last talent left on FA, he's a proven 1400-1500 yrd RB, and the RB pool in the draft is relatively lackluster.

Anyway, enough out of me.
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:20 pm

Younger RB at 21 or 20...when Henry is 26 and proven...proven to be a solid producer and soldier...Takes a licking and keeps on ticking...

Is that a timex commercial slogan?

I love the idea...its good for fantasy leagues...not so convinced about real life.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:55 pm

I think everyone wants to see Henry out of Buffalo.

Buffalo gets a load off of their chest with the RB controversy at hand, and could aid their problem areas. McGahee comes out with a secured spot as a feature back, and Henry doesn't have to waste his talent as a backup. Zona gets a competent RB who is proven and has plenty of talent to help run what should be a decent offense. Most importantly, all fantasy owners will benefit greatly. ;-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:06 pm

I have an interesting topic for debate...

If Arizona gets Henry, do they still draft J.J. Arrington? I hear they are very big on him at the moment. And having A power back/speed back tandem might be cool. Not to mention, Denny Green likes speed backs in his offense more than power backs.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk