What the NFL Draft SHOULD look like - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What the NFL Draft SHOULD look like

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:35 pm

Skins don't need an OT with Jansen and Samuels...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:48 pm

I am a little bit surprised about the Ravens selecting an OL man. I do think they need a WR.

Also, I don't understand Ronnie Brown being the 3rd RB taken. He is the concensus #1 RB in the draft, and had a tremendous combine. Also, why would the Vikings take him? Don't they have enough RBs? I thought they were going to try to improve their Defense, because I see that you have them taking a WR with their 18th pick..
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby cruiz03 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:31 pm

Man, I hope the draft doesn't this way, but then again, anything is possible. If Rodgers and Smith don't go in the first 3 picks than, I will agree in great part to some of these predictions.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:15 am

Evolution wrote:The only thing I can majorly disagree with here is Washington taking Alex Barron when they have 2 of the better tackles in Samuels and Jansen on that team already.

The other borderline one is Minny taking another RB for obvious reasons.

Jansen is playing on a recontructed Achilles and hasn't played in a regular season game in 2 years. While Samuel's is probably the most overpaid/overhyped player in the NFL.

Barron won't be picked by the Redskin's, but if they did I wouldn't consider it a waste. Depth in the trenches is not a luxury in the NFL, it's a necessity. You saw what can happen to a line when they lose their best player... the Redskin's were a sieve last season.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Evolution » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:55 am

Kensat30 wrote:
Evolution wrote:The only thing I can majorly disagree with here is Washington taking Alex Barron when they have 2 of the better tackles in Samuels and Jansen on that team already.

The other borderline one is Minny taking another RB for obvious reasons.

Jansen is playing on a recontructed Achilles and hasn't played in a regular season game in 2 years. While Samuel's is probably the most overpaid/overhyped player in the NFL.

Barron won't be picked by the Redskin's, but if they did I wouldn't consider it a waste. Depth in the trenches is not a luxury in the NFL, it's a necessity. You saw what can happen to a line when they lose their best player... the Redskin's were a sieve last season.

If you're a team like the Redskins, you cannot draft based upon an injury that *might* happen, only a team like the Patriots can do that. You need to upgrade your talent at CB, or any offensive position that's not HB or OT, to even have a chance of competing in the upcoming season(s). OL don't rotate, so depth is not as important there.

Samuels is likely overpaid, but I've yet to hear this "hype" you're talking about. Maybe he has not lived up to his full draft position potential, but he's definitely in the upper half of LT's in the league.

Obviously Jansen's reconstructed achilles is a concern, but if they really wanted depth at OT in case he goes down again, they'll be able to get it in the mid-rounds.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Another beer please » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:22 am

Heads will roll if the Vikings select a RB at #7 and a slow WR at #18. If they do go offense with one of the picks, it's going to be a deep-threat WR. Burleson and Clayton wouldn't complement each other, being they are the same player. If the two top WR's are off the board at #7, they will go Williamson or defense with Merriman.
Another beer please
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby treat24 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:58 am

agreed with the vikes line... you musta been doin' some crack when you decided on those two picks for the vikes... definately NOT what SHOULD, COULD, or WOULD happen...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:00 am

The biggest problem I see on this is the fact that you have Dallas taking Williamson with their first pick and Aaron Rodgers with pick number 20... Why would they do it that way? There is every reason to believe that Rodgers would not slip to 20, and every reason to believe that Williamson will slip that far... Why not swap those two picks?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FF Newbie » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:43 am

I wrestled with the Vikings first pick. Merriman was my 2nd choice, but Brown was too much to pass up there. Clayton is not slow. I guess you've never seen him play. I haven't seen his combine numbers, but he's very fast on the field. There's NO WAY Williamson falls to #20. Rogers won't either. The point is, this is how the players SHOULD go off the board, not how they will, because they won't. I'll grant you one or two picks could be tweaked, most of them having been mentioned.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk