Maurice Clarett in Purple and Gold? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Maurice Clarett in Purple and Gold?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:45 pm

FF Newbie wrote:124 carries over half a season is "plenty of opportunity."


ok buddy. ;-7
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:51 pm

Free Bagel wrote:You'd have to be handicapped not to run for 4 and half yards per carry in that offense. They've got a mammoth offensive line and a vertical passing attack that keeps defenses way back on their heels.


well youre proving my point. the concenous is that onterio is the best of the four backs in minnestoa right? give onterio full time duties, without a TD vulture, and you dont think its possible he is a top 5 back?
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Postby FF Newbie » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:14 pm

ok buddy. ;-7

Don't you think a top-5 NFL back would be able to show something in a half season of full-time duty? If Onterrio had shown anything, he wouldn't have been benched for the rest of the season.

well youre proving my point. the concenous is that onterio is the best of the four backs in minnestoa right? give onterio full time duties, without a TD vulture, and you dont think its possible he is a top 5 back?

Okay, we finally agree on something. Onterrio Smith is one of the best 5 running backs on the Vikings. :-b Seriously, you're confusing fantasy production with NFL value again. Minnesota is a GREAT situation fantasy-wise for a running back, but Smith wouldn't sniff the fantasy top-5 in any scenario, much less suddenly become one of the top 5 backs in the entire league.
Image
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 2990
Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:17 pm

im not saying he is a top 5 back in the league...but i think he showed enough to warrant the title of the best RB on their team...and this is the vikings you are talking about...them benching him is just another thing to shake your head about.
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:32 pm

FF Newbie wrote: If Onterrio had shown anything, he wouldn't have been benched for the rest of the season.


when given the opputunities he has shown production. then stupid mike tice started taking away carries for no reason. how much can a guy "show" when he gets 12 carries a game?!
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Postby maddog60 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:19 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote: how much can a guy "show" when he gets 12 carries a game?!


Alot, just ask Brian Westbrook :-D
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:57 pm

maddog60 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote: how much can a guy "show" when he gets 12 carries a game?!


Alot, just ask Brian Westbrook :-D


westbrook also gets a lot of receptions though...if you take those away he wouldnt be nearly as effective...and his stats wouldnt look nearly as good.
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby Azrael » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:22 pm

This would be a perfect compliment to the waste called Travis Taylor that they signed at WR. Clarett's too slow and he's a pain in the ass.
Image
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8283
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Keeping da cafe sucka free for 9 years straight

Postby maddog60 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:19 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote: how much can a guy "show" when he gets 12 carries a game?!


Alot, just ask Brian Westbrook :-D


westbrook also gets a lot of receptions though...if you take those away he wouldnt be nearly as effective...and his stats wouldnt look nearly as good.


Obivously, I just liked being an annoying devil's advocate, because its ridiculous to suggest that Smith is better than any one of: Edge, Alexander, LT, Martin, Dillon, even Tiki, Green, Lewis, Priest, Duece, Westbrook, Davis, and Portis. You get the point.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:40 pm

maddog60 wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote: how much can a guy "show" when he gets 12 carries a game?!


Alot, just ask Brian Westbrook :-D


westbrook also gets a lot of receptions though...if you take those away he wouldnt be nearly as effective...and his stats wouldnt look nearly as good.


Obivously, I just liked being an annoying devil's advocate, because its ridiculous to suggest that Smith is better than any one of: Edge, Alexander, LT, Martin, Dillon, even Tiki, Green, Lewis, Priest, Duece, Westbrook, Davis, and Portis. You get the point.


blah, blah, blah. running backs are as good as thier o-line and supporting cast. just look at denver. they plug in any scrub they want and it works. i never said he was better than anyone. but let onterio be featured in that system and he is a top 5 back.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 4:06 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact