Mr. Underrated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mr. Underrated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:32 pm

Football Newbie wrote:
RayVins wrote:this is true. the o-line means everything here because if you put a fat RB with OK speed like rudi johnson behind a line that doesnt block he never has room to gather that momentum that alows him to blow through tackles...

Nobody caught this? I think hes a bit better than fat with ok speed.

Cincinnati has a top10 O-line... and Rudi is probably the best 2 down RB in the league, but he's frustrating to watch because he will always be taken out on 3rd downs. And Marvin Lewis has shown that he won't force feed Rudi at the goalline (see Kenny Watson/Jeremi Johnson/TE scores from 2 yards out.

He'll get you 350 carries, but he has virtually no chance at breaking 2000 yards IMO, this guy is most definately NOT a Jamal Lewis type talent. And he's probably not going to see 15+ TDs ever in his career.

On a down year for RBs he can rank near the bottom of the top10, but he will never be a top5 guy. Worth a 2nd round pick for sure, but I wouldn't call him a solid #1 RB unless his situation changes in regards to 3rd down.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:52 pm

RayVins wrote:
They released Dillon because they have Rudi. That says a TON.

im pretty sure he was traded but the fact still remains that they thought rudi johnson was not only the better player but the better person, which is who i would want on my team...

Nobody caught this? I think hes a bit better than fat with ok speed.

he is fat. any runningback like that i call fat. jamal lewis is fat, the bus, duce staley, anthony thomas, rudi johnson, etc... this doesnt mean that cant be good because i am jamal's biggest fan however coupling the fatness (= break tackle) with OK speed and no OL would make for a bad back...

I can agree on the bus being fat.Jamal doesn't appear to be fat,but uni's can be deceiving,Duce might be a bit heavy,I can't say either way on Rudi since I haven't seen enough of him,but being from Chicago I can say I wouldn't call A-Train fat.He is a big guy,but he is muscular.Nothing like Terrell Owens mind you,but not fat.As far as underrating Rudi,I believe yes,he will be undervalued this year,but I'm not sure I wanna be the guy to take a chance and find out.Not without at least another solid option to rely on.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:45 pm

i wouldnt say jamal is fat. he is just a big boy

deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:53 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:but I'm not sure I wanna be the guy to take a chance and find out.

Take a chance? Rudi is way less of a "chance" than half the guys going in front of him.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:03 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:but I'm not sure I wanna be the guy to take a chance and find out.

Take a chance? Rudi is way less of a "chance" than half the guys going in front of him.

If you have Rudi at #20 then that statement is true.

if you have him at 15 its true for a couple other Rbs

and if you have him at 10.....then its almost false

Just trying to give the statement a setting....i am on free bagels side for this arguement.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:53 pm

My RB rankings right now go like this

1. Tomlinson
2. Alexander
3. McGahee
4. Holmes
5. J. Lewis
6. Edge
7. D. Davis
8. Barber
9. Dillon
10. Jordan
11. R. Johnson
12. McAllister
13. Green
14. K. Jones
15. Brown
16. Portis
17. J. Jones
18. Jackson
19. T. Jones
20. Martin
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:55 pm

Woah, you have Jamal and Lamont very high. You must have high expectations of them. I also notice that Westbrook is absent from your list. I think he's great personally, and he can get a lot of total yards.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:00 pm

I rank them on how I value them for the upcoming year; not what they did last year. I think Lewis is a 1,500 yard and 12+TD back next year. With Jordan being in Norv's offense, I expect a very good year from him.

21. Bell
22. Westbrook
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:12 pm

Free Bagel wrote:

All I meant is I want two solid backs in Rudi and someone else.If I have to rely on him as a #1 without a very good #2 I might be a bit scared.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Keyser_WV » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:39 am

Azrael, that is one of the better rankings I have seen.

I would proabably put Priest ahead of McGahee and Lewis below Edge and D. Davis but other than that I like it
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk