BORB OVERTIME!!! - (1)AC/DC vs. (7)Guns N Roses - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

BORB OVERTIME!!! - (1)AC/DC vs. (7)Guns N Roses

Moderator: Football Moderators

BORB: AC/DC vs. Guns N Roses

Poll ended at Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:55 pm

AC/DC
50%
Guns N Roses
50%

Total votes : 36

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:00 pm

ACDC baby!
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nilmerf » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:09 pm

Wow, AC/DC is getting rocked this time.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:13 pm

LOL, I think its hilarious that I, a devoted fan of rap music who hasn't heard more than 4 songs from either of these bands was the one who sent this into overtime, and now GnR, the band I voted for before is owning AC/DC.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ravage » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:31 pm

To be perfectly honest I don't see how anyone could vote for GnR here. I like GnR but voting for them over AC/DC is a mystery to me.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RayVins » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:03 pm

i cant believe this is even close. i am a GnR fan of course, but you cant compare them to one of the greatest rock bands of all times.

ACDC had more hits than axel rose has teeth left...

this should not even be close and i cant believe GnR is winning...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:05 pm

RayVins wrote:i cant believe this is even close. i am a GnR fan of course, but you cant compare them to one of the greatest rock bands of all times.

ACDC had more hits than axel rose has teeth left...

this should not even be close and i cant believe GnR is winning...

hear hear...

GNR is great, but they are but a spec of awesomeness when lined up next to the mountain of kickassery ("kickassery" will live on in my posts) that is ACDC.
Last edited by no1cowboysfan on Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:23 pm

How can any of you ACDC fans say "how can anyone vote for GnR?" This isnt a which band had more success question, its which band do you like better.. thats like me saying, "how can anyone like football over soccer, when soccer is the most popular sport in the world?" Thats not what its about here, its simply which one you like better. I, like many others here, like GnR better.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hastur » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:34 pm

Goleafsgo has it correct in respect to what this is about. Its about what YOU PERSONALLY prefer. Which one has had more commercial success, more babes, more drugs, more arrests is irrelevent. You have two CD's in front of you. The best of AC/DC and the best of GNR. Which one would you reach for FIRST!?!?

AC/DC for me.
Peronal taste. thats it.

Of course, I'm still appalled Wham! didn't make it to the finals :-D
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:30 am

GnR once again for muah ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:45 am

Personal preferences aside, b/c there's no point in having a discussion because it won't change those, AC/DC is just a better band. Plain and simple. You may like GnR's music more (heck, I think its great), but they don't compare to to AC/DC. Let's review:

Famous concert moment:

AC/DC - First time their lead guitarist steps out in an undersized school uniform, bouncing around on one leg, a moment to be imitated for years to come by many air guitarists worldwide.

GnR - refused to play at all, let alone a little early, to appease crowd after first band, Metallica, has to stop due to severe burns to lead singer. Riot ensues.

Line up changes:

AC/DC - overcame the death of their lead singer while they were at the top of their careers it seemed. Found a new lead singer, and went on to bigger and better success.

GnR - Lead singer alienated himself from the band, and Axl is just plain god awful without Slash and instead this mockery of a band he now calls GnR.

Major Hits:

AC/DC - 12: Back in Black, Rock and Roll Aint Noise Pollution, Hell's Bells, Big Balls, Dirty Deeds, For Those About to Rock, TNT, Girls Got Rhythym, Highway to Hell, Moneytalks, Thunderstruck, Who Made Who

GnR - 9: Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child of Mine, Paradise City, November Rain, Don't Cry, Civil War, Patience, Knocking on Heaven's Door, Live and Let Die

(Mind you I'm trying not to include anything great but relatively obscure like "Whole Lotta Rosie" or "Used to Love Her").

I dont think I need to bring up survivability to anyone. GnR was a flash in the pan, a great big brilliant flash, but when all is said and done, they had one great album, and 2 very good ones, whereas AC/DC lasted over three decades, and still draws a crowd.

Appettite For Destruction may have been one of the best albums ever put together, but I could say the same about Sixteen Stone, but its still just one album.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk