The Masters... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Masters...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:19 am

I don't bother watching, because I know I'll hear about it from my father-in-law.

That, and they have this show on ESPN called Sportscenter. It's good stuff. Ya'll should watch it. :-D
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:34 am

awwchrist wrote:I don't bother watching, because I know I'll hear about it from my father-in-law.

That, and they have this show on ESPN called Sportscenter. It's good stuff. Ya'll should watch it. :-D

Nvr herd of it.. iz it like 1 of thos highlite shows??? i only get basic cable so i dont get espn...

ive hurd its an ok chanl, but just watchin a bunch of guyz talking?!?! zzzzzzzz... lol!!!

i dont even watch mnf nemor becuz they got rid of dennis miller. he waz da bomb!!!!!!!11111

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RayVins » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:38 am

now there you go making fun of us who dont have cable...

only most of us are uneducated, cousin-touching moutain dwellers with no teeth, so for the sake of us few normal ones dont make hurtful comments about the cableless...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:12 am

I'd rather watch the grass grow than watch golf too - the great thing is that you can do both at the same time! :-B

I love to play but watching is boring.
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:25 pm

I love playing the game of golf and if you have a real respect for the game and how hard it is it can be very interesting to watch. The things those guys do are unbelievable.

That said, I hardly ever watch. I would like to watch, but I think the coverage sucks now. 95% of it is Tiger, Phil, Ernie and Vijay. They hardly ever show anyone else unless they're winning. Tiger can be at +8, 12 shots off the lead and they'll still show every shot of his. I like guys like Fred Couples, Mike Weir, Sergio Garcia, Peter Jacobsen and DiMarco and they only show like one shot of each of them unless they're in the lead. I know that Tiger is popular, but it's tough for anyone else to get fans if they only show Tiger. I bet most people would have a tough time naming six golfers on the PGA tour this year other than Woods, Mickleson, Els, and Singh.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:11 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:I bet most people would have a tough time naming six golfers on the PGA tour this year other than Woods, Mickleson, Els, and Singh.

Not me... I love to watch golf, and will sit through just about any tournament I can.... I have even been known to sit through an LPGA tournament when there is no real golf on.... Can't say I've ever forced myself to watch a Champions or Nationwide Tour event, but I'll watch just about anything else.... I used to hate it, but got hooked watching Fred Couples win the TPC at Sawgrass in the mid-90's and haven't looked back... After football, it is by far my favorite sporting event to watch....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:41 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:I like guys like Fred Couples, Mike Weir, Sergio Garcia, Peter Jacobsen and DiMarco and they only show like one shot of each of them unless they're in the lead.

Agreed. Mike Weir is my personal favourite, being your typical humble Canadian. He's also been showing that his Masters win wasn't a fluke, always ending up with the top guys. He tied for 5th in this competition too.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Superman in Training » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:32 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
MeShawn wrote:I'd rather watch grass grow than watch the PGA.

i agree...it puts me to sleep

I don't like watching gold either.... but I did watch the last 20 min or so of the Masters, just because i like to stay current with all sports if I can..

Man that Tiger is the chronic!
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Previous

Return to General Talk