hearst visits buffalo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

hearst visits buffalo

Moderator: Football Moderators

hearst visits buffalo

Postby cooleyhigh » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:20 pm

The Bills played host to free agent running back Garrison Hearst late last week, according to the Buffalo News. The 12-year veteran is considered a top candidate to replace backup running back Travis Henry, who is likely to be traded in the near future. Hearst ranks sixth in the league among active running backs with 7,966 yards. He was limited to just 20 carries for 81 yards while playing for the Broncos last season.

OUR VIEW

Bills' officials are searching for a veteran running back who, unlike Henry, won't mind taking a backseat to starter Willis McGahee. Hearst is 34 years old and looked like he was past his prime last season. Garrison won't have much fantasy value, but he could provide solid veteran leadership to McGahee.

http://www.fanball.com/fb/index.cfm

I thought Shaud could handle it but they still need depth. Man I hope Henry is moved soon. I grabbed him off waivers last year and would like to decide if he will be worth keeping :-?
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:51 pm

This might be a good move for Buffalo there bringing him in more for a mentor position then a runningback.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:07 pm

Yeah, I think he'd be more of a mentor than a true RB.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:28 pm

if they pick up hearst....expect henry to be gone. i cant see why else they would want him on the squad.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:16 am

deluxe_247 wrote:if they pick up hearst....expect henry to be gone. i cant see why else they would want him on the squad.

Expect Henry to be gone either way. Henry for Zona's 2nd round pick straight up is better value than they could get if they had to go RB in the 1st round and defense with the 2nd.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:42 pm

Big drop off as far as having Henry as a backup compared to Hearst. I loved Hearst when he played for us and wish him the best but it may be time to hang it up.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk