Arena leaguer dies after making tackle. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Arena leaguer dies after making tackle.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:36 pm

Wow, that's horrible. You always hate to hear about stuff like this. My heart goes out to his family. :,-(
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:41 pm

Wow, that is so sad, I feel for his family, although football is a dangerous sport, nobody ever thinks that somebody could die. RIP. :,-(
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:16 pm

This was very sad and tragic.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:04 pm

At least he died doing something he loved..

RIP
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:21 am

My cousin played arena football back in the 80's, and tackled a guy into the wall, where he hit his head and hurt his neck... They took him out of the game, but he walked off the field under his own power, and refused to go into the locker room for treatment immediately, because he thought he was OK... 2 days later, still in pretty severe pain, he decided to go and get it checked out... Found out at the doctor's office that he'd been walking around with a broken neck (vertebrae) for about 48 hours.... They put him in a halo for 6 months, and he's fine now, but the doctors told him it's a miracle he didn't end up paralyzing or killing himself during those 48 hours... All it would have taken would have been the wrong move the wrong way, and he could have severed his spinal cord... Scary stuff....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:41 am

This is horrible news but puts things in perspective of what these guys really risk going out there. At any moment not only could your career end but also your life.

R.I.P. :,-(
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:05 am

kashikis wrote:This is horrible news but puts things in perspective of what these guys really risk going out there. At any moment not only could your career end but also your life.

I agree... Kind of makes a $10-million signing bonus sound a little bit more reasonable...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:19 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
kashikis wrote:This is horrible news but puts things in perspective of what these guys really risk going out there. At any moment not only could your career end but also your life.

I agree... Kind of makes a $10-million signing bonus sound a little bit more reasonable...

Especially since their contracts are not guaranteed. Football is the only sport that I will give players some lee-way on the renegotionate my contract complaint to get more $$$.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:29 pm

Sad, sad news. :,-(

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:48 pm

I heard this on the radio last night...very sad news. My prayers go out to all his family and friends.

RIP. :,-(
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk