Titans will consider RB at #6 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Titans will consider RB at #6

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Evolution » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:20 pm

Since smokescreen has been used so much in this thread, I'll shake it up a little:

It's about as likely as Maurice Clarett going #1 overall, and "Pot-Head" Williams regaining any measure of respect as an NFL player.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:32 pm

As much as I think this is a smokescreen, I do think the Titans need a better backup RB. Maybe investing in a Cedric Houston in the 3rd or 4th round wouldn't be a bad decision.

Didn't I tell y'all last year that Chris Brown's upright running style would cause injury problems?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cooleyhigh » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:12 pm

So who will they select then? I see the top five going

1) Aaron Rodgers - SF
2) Ronnie Brown - Miami
3) Alex Smith - Cle
4) Braylon Edwards - Chi
5) Mike Williams - TB

If Tampa chooses to go RB then they grab one of the receivers. If not how can you pass on your choice of two elite RB's to take a CB(I already discussed this position) or LB who has a rep of not taking on blockers? As for trading down everyone wants to trade down and no one wants to trade up so I see that as an unlikely scenario. The 23rd is approaching much too slowly :-/

One sidenote I read the last two RB's the Bears selected at #4 overall... Gayle Sayres and Sweetness 8-o
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:42 am

skibrett15 wrote:I'm gonna say that this is a ruse to attempt to trade down, but I'm also gonnna say that C Brown isn't that great. They could definitely benefit from grabbing a back in the draft maybe the 2nd or 3rd round but they have other needs and are using this to attempt to trade down IMO.

i agree with this ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:52 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Didn't I tell y'all last year that Chris Brown's upright running style would cause injury problems?

I remember last year, I was saying his upright running style would cause him to suck (wasn't high on Brown). Shows what I know. :-D

Anyway - I won't pretend to know anything about the draft this year, because I really don't (been kind of out-of-the-loop since the season started). All I can say is that it wouldn't hurt if the Titans had a quality backup RB... I was also readin' that Fisher was interested in bringing back Eddie George to back up Brown...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:15 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Didn't I tell y'all last year that Chris Brown's upright running style would cause injury problems?

Right on the money there. I was saying that too. ;-D That type of running style is also bad for fumbles, as someone else already mentioned, he had more fumbles than TDs. :-t
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:56 am

Canacuna wrote:

I remember last year, I was saying his upright running style would cause him to suck (wasn't high on Brown). Shows what I know. :-D

Anyway - I won't pretend to know anything about the draft this year, because I really don't (been kind of out-of-the-loop since the season started). All I can say is that it wouldn't hurt if the Titans had a quality backup RB... I was also readin' that Fisher was interested in bringing back Eddie George to back up Brown...

There is one thing I know... Roy Williams is an absolute beast. He's injured three players this season, tackles hard, runs fast, and is all-in-all one of the toughest guys in football.

And I saw Chris Brown stiff arm his ass to the ground in preseason.

I was astounded that a small, upright running RB could be so vicious to such a powerful safety.

So injury prone or not, which we still have little way of knowing, he is certainly tough. No debate. I say Tennessee draft WR or best defensive player come #6. Gut tells me that Norm Chow might want his favorite toy back in his playpen...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Keyser_WV » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:34 am

So injury prone or not, which we still have little way of knowing, he is certainly tough. No debate.

If there is no debate that he is tough then why did Jeff Fisher come out and say last year that he wished Chris Brown would try to play through some of his injuries.

Coach called him out. Seems like his toughness is certainly in question.

He is a risk/reward guy that I will let others take a chance on. Seems like he misses some time darn near every game for something or other.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:52 pm

it would be a dumb move by the titans. but i think drafting a running back in the first round by any team is stupid. considering chris brown hasnt been healthy since high school, i could see this being legit.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Keyser_WV » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:31 pm

Yea, I wouldn't use the #6 pick on a RB in TENN situation.

Brown is fragile but they have alot more to worry about. Thats for sure.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk