Titans will consider RB at #6 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Titans will consider RB at #6

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PSU All Day » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:36 pm

I doubt that the team gives up on Chris Brown after one year especially when they have huge needs everywhere else on their roster.

The only reason to send this smoke screen is to prevent the Redskins from moving up ahead of them for the CB or WR that they really want.

Seems odd either way though. They have so many holes that they could just take the best WR or CB that fell to them as you just know that there are not going to be 2 CB's and 2 WR's taken in the first 5 picks of this draft.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:37 pm

They definitely have bigger holes to fill, and Brown deserves another year to prove himself.

They SHOULD use that pick to get a great CB, as most of the mocks have them doing.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:22 pm

This sounds like a smokescreen to discourage Washington, who has the same needs they do, from trying to move up in the draft....

If Tennessee passes up on Antrel Rolle to pick up another RB with that 6th pick they are beyond foolish....

Unless of course they already have a deal brewing to trade Chris Brown for a corner, like for example:

Tennessee trades Chris Brown, number 6, and a late rounder to Miami for Patrick Surtain and number 2...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:53 pm

total smokescreen. There's no doubt the titans will draft a RB in the draft, but my guess is it'll be 4th rd. They have a lot bigger holes than rb. they just need a backup to brown. I could see them grabbing vernand morency in the 4th if he's still around
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby MadScott » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:13 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:As much as I think this is a smokescreen, I do think the Titans need a better backup RB. Maybe investing in a Cedric Houston in the 3rd or 4th round wouldn't be a bad decision.

Didn't I tell y'all last year that Chris Brown's upright running style would cause injury problems?
Agreed. Better backup, not starter. This is an obvious smokescreen/trading ploy.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk