BORB OVERTIME!!! - (1)AC/DC vs. (7)Guns N Roses, part deux - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

BORB OVERTIME!!! - (1)AC/DC vs. (7)Guns N Roses, part deux

Moderator: Football Moderators

BORB: AC/DC vs. Guns N Roses

Poll ended at Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:23 pm

AC/DC
55%
Guns N Roses
45%

Total votes : 38

Postby TaturCity34 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:39 pm

GnR Y'all
TaturCity34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Purifying myself in the waters of Lake Bemidji (Northern Minnesota)

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:41 pm

OK, we have a winner. AC/DC wins this one, 21-17. Look for the final round tomorrow! ;-D
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby hastur » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:45 pm

AC/DC wins the battle. cool, my preference.

OK, now I'm getting all amped up over the '60-'70's battle.

I admit, England gave us the best bands(Zepp/Beatles/Who/Pink Floyd), but America has its share too:
Doors.
Grateful Dead(name another band with such <ahem> 'committed' fans
Steppenwolf
Jimi
Almond Bros.

its going to be a drag out fight me thinks....I'm all fraught with anticipation
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ravage » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:07 pm

If I remember correctly the Jimi Hendrick Experience was 2/3rds English. Of course everyone came to see Jimi.

I'm sure these bands won't be included in the brackets, they weren't recognized as bands as influential as the others, but both of these had significant influence on the american music scene.

The Kinks and The Animals.

Eric Burden, of the Animals, has had a great influence on many different styles of music. At least he brought R&B and Latin music a little more to light.

The Kinks were one of only two bands who tried to do something on the scale of the Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's", the other were the Beach Boys. They weren't quite the same but they were both highly acclaimed and popular albums.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DUKE » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:44 pm

ravage wrote:If I remember correctly the Jimi Hendrick Experience was 2/3rds English. Of course everyone came to see Jimi.

I'm sure these bands won't be included in the brackets, they weren't recognized as bands as influential as the others, but both of these had significant influence on the american music scene.

Eric Burden, of the Animals, has had a great influence on many different styles of music. At least he brought R&B and Latin music a little more to light.

The Kinks were one of only two bands who tried to do something on the scale of the Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's", the other were the Beach Boys. They weren't quite the same but they were both highly acclaimed and popular albums.
Good call on the Kinks. They're one of the most under-appreciated british bands here in the US.

As for the results : :-t Booo :-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:21 pm

DUKE wrote:
ravage wrote:If I remember correctly the Jimi Hendrick Experience was 2/3rds English. Of course everyone came to see Jimi.

Good call on the Kinks. They're one of the most under-appreciated british bands here in the US.

As for the results : :-t Booo :-D

Yeah, the Kinks were awesome. I got to see them on the Word of Mouth tour. One For the Road is still one of my favorite live CDs (I still have the vinyl, too).
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk