San Antonio Saints? Maybe... (small update) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

San Antonio Saints? Maybe... (small update)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:10 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:Although I persoanlly think it would be a bad move for the saints to move, I think it could very well happen. What I don't undertand is why they would even consider moving. They have a fine fan base and they are in a great city. Plus, I costs millions to relocate a team.

stadium dispute. If you didn't know, it costs quite a lot of money to build a new one of those too. So if it comes to it, they have to move to a city who is willing to build one.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:17 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:Although I persoanlly think it would be a bad move for the saints to move, I think it could very well happen. What I don't undertand is why they would even consider moving. They have a fine fan base and they are in a great city. Plus, I costs millions to relocate a team.

stadium dispute. If you didn't know, it costs quite a lot of money to build a new one of those too. So if it comes to it, they have to move to a city who is willing to build one.

yeah, and would san antonio be willing?? persoanlly, I'd love to have a NFL team here in hartford. that would be awesome!
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:22 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

yeah, and would san antonio be willing?? persoanlly, I'd love to have a NFL team here in hartford. that would be awesome!

It would appear so... San Antonio is a growing city, and seems to like their basketball team a fair amount.

And Hartford? While choking back tears of laughter, no comment.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:23 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

It would appear so... San Antonio is a growing city, and seems to like their basketball team a fair amount.

And Hartford? While choking back tears of laughter, no comment.

hey, hartford is much cooler thsn you think. it's a very cool city with great stadiums, the new Uconn football field is state of the art. plus CT really needs a pro sports team. we've been waiting for decades.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ljthockey » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:06 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
hey, hartford is much cooler thsn you think. it's a very cool city with great stadiums, the new Uconn football field is state of the art. plus CT really needs a pro sports team. we've been waiting for decades.

You mean pro football teams? You have some pro sports teams in connetict.

Try living in Nebraska where the closest thing we have to a proffessional sports team is the Huskers :-P
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:38 pm

ljthockey wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:

You mean pro football teams? You have some pro sports teams in connetict.

Try living in Nebraska where the closest thing we have to a proffessional sports team is the Huskers :-P

no, pro sports in general.

No MLB.
No NHL.
No NFL.
No NBA.

The only good stuff we have in CT in terms of sports is the GHO (now Buick championship), Uconn in general, and the pilot pen.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:48 pm

hey yanks I also live in CT, other than "farm" teams like for MLB teams, and some 2nd rate hockey "Hartford Wolf Pack" we don't have much besides what you already mentioned. Those patriots screwed us, they were going to hartford at one point!!! Eh, I still woulda been a Packer Fan.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:51 pm

skibrett15 wrote:hey yanks I also live in CT, other than "farm" teams like for MLB teams, and some 2nd rate hockey "Hartford Wolf Pack" we don't have much besides what you already mentioned. Those patriots screwed us, they were going to hartford at one point!!! Eh, I still woulda been a Packer Fan.

I never even knew.

Well, we have:
-Wolf Pack (AHL)
-Navigators, Rock Cats, and Ravens (farm team baseball)
-Uconn
That's about all for sports teams. The wolf pack suck, along with the rock cats. The ravens and navigators are good for AA teams, but they live nowhere near me.

BTW, where in CT do you live??? Avon for me. 2 towns west of hartford, surrounded by bloomfield, simsbury, farmington, west hartford, canton, and plainville.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ljthockey » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:10 pm

Weird to think CT has no sport teams well you did have Hartford Whalers (NHL) for a while :-b
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:11 pm

Jesus, stop ignoring Toronto for God's sake, 5th largest market in NA. I guess since 60% of the people at Bills game are from the GTA they wouldn't want to kill the Bills.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk