My Madden 2005 gripe... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

My Madden 2005 gripe...

Moderator: Football Moderators

My Madden 2005 gripe...

Postby black_hawk8888 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:43 pm

OK - for all you Madden junkies out there. I don't play very much but I am doing a season with the Bengals at the all-Madden level and I played the Dolphins in the second game of the year. Their team is absolutely sick. Feidler plays like Manning, they still have Ricky Williams, and the defense is unreal. Don't even bother throwing it against Surtain on the left side because he will pick you every time. It was completely unreasonable. I beat the Jets and Ravens somewhat easily but the plays that Miami made on both sides of the ball were unbelievable. Why do the designers love Miami so much?
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:46 pm

What I about madden is that on all pro I can score 100 points and deuce can rush for 4000 yards a season. but in all madden, I can barely complete a pass, and I get picked like 4 times a quarter. I wish there was a level between the two. that's my main gripe.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby black_hawk8888 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:50 pm

Well, for me its weird. I can score like 4 or 5 TDs a game but I also get picked like 7 or 8 times too. On ridiculous plays too. The guy will make an unrealistic play to steal a pick on a safe pass. Stupid game. lol
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby Tyr » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:19 am

The biggest problem with madden is that it doesn't take team dynamics or coaching philosphy into play enough.

If you have, say.. Bailey and Surtain as corners, and Parrish and A. Williams as safeties.. well, there's no point in passing against your team. Period.

On the other hand, even with a team coached and organized as well as the Patriots, they're sub-par in Madden simply due to the lack of player stats. The players may be mediocre to slightly above average, but they're plainly one of the best teams in the NFL - largely due to coaching and team mechanics.

Obnoxious, yeah... but that's the game.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Video Games