Biggest Bust - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Biggest Bust

Moderator: Football Moderators

Going into the draft, which of the following prospects had BUST written all over him?

Alex Smith
38%
Ronnie Brown
8%
Derrick Johnson
3%
Braylan Edwards
26%
Antrel Rolle
3%
OTHER (Who?)
23%

Total votes : 39

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:41 am

i vote rodgers too
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GMoney » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:08 am

I voted Other.... Alex Barron

If this guy is selected in the top 10... he will not live up to that standard. He just plain doesnt want it enough... you can be as physically talented as you want but if you wnat to be an elite player you need desire.... i just dont see it.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:11 am

Ronnie Brown.

A lot of people are calling this guy the undisputed top RB, but until the combine he was falling all the way until the late firstin mocks. How can a backup college RB be the #1 overall talent in the draft? I'm confused....

Go ahead and draft this guy in the top5 and then see if he can handle 200 carries in the NFL, or if he can even compete on the NFL level as a featured back. The guy is huge, yet they let Caddy carry the load and run the goalline carries in Auburn, and then they tout Ronnie for his receiving ability?

I would call Brown just as big of a bust risk as a top5 pick compared to both of the QBs, and when you're a RB that's a pretty big bust risk. ESPECIALLY if he goes to the Dolphin's like 90% of the consensus has him going. Best thing in the world for Ronnie Brown, Miami goes QB and he falls to Chicago/Tampa where there are safety nets in place.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:20 am

Apparently 5 other people voted for Edwards. I think it's going to depend on if he ends up in the right situation or not. I think he could be a stud if he ends up in Minnesota..If he doesn't I think I could see him becoming frustrated and a malcontent. Not to mention possible holdout.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:52 am

I'm also going Edwards. He's had a few too many dropped passes, easy passes, in his career. Seems like a guy who you want lining up at Z with a minute to go and a TD down, but might give you headaches all day. As for his additude problems, I don;t know if he has a history, so I can't make a definite comment, but I get that vibe too.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:57 am

Biggest bust?Dolly Parton?Okay okay...whoever lands in SF will be the biggest bust,guaranteed.Likely Rogers or Smith,but I'll put my vote on Rodgers.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby cruiz03 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:07 pm

I've got to give it to Alex Smith. He comes from one of the strangest offenses I've ever seen. The guy has NEVER taken a snap from the center...... it's always been from the shotgun.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kashikis » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:22 pm

Kensat30 wrote:A lot of people are calling this guy the undisputed top RB, but until the combine he was falling all the way until the late firstin mocks. How can a backup college RB be the #1 overall talent in the draft? I'm confused....

Couldn't have said it better myself. He won't be a Ki-jana Carter bust but I doubt top 5 is worth it. This guy runs a top 40 and now he moved up 20 picks?! 8-o
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:18 pm

I voted for Matt Jones. I personally don't think he'll ever get far in the NFL due to his position problems and morale problems. He'll probably play QB WR and TE in the same year, and he'll end up totally discombabulated.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:42 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Ronnie Brown.

A lot of people are calling this guy the undisputed top RB, but until the combine he was falling all the way until the late firstin mocks. How can a backup college RB be the #1 overall talent in the draft? I'm confused....

Go ahead and draft this guy in the top5 and then see if he can handle 200 carries in the NFL, or if he can even compete on the NFL level as a featured back. The guy is huge, yet they let Caddy carry the load and run the goalline carries in Auburn, and then they tout Ronnie for his receiving ability?

I would call Brown just as big of a bust risk as a top5 pick compared to both of the QBs, and when you're a RB that's a pretty big bust risk. ESPECIALLY if he goes to the Dolphin's like 90% of the consensus has him going. Best thing in the world for Ronnie Brown, Miami goes QB and he falls to Chicago/Tampa where there are safety nets in place.

I have to disagree on Brown. Brown was ranked as a top 10 talent by many scouts before his combine workout. The combine just gave him the edge over cadillac and benson in the draft. How can a backup be an NFL starter? See Terrell Davis, See Domanick Davis Plus, look at who he was competing with. Cadillac is a very talented RB. He and Brown both are talented. Cadillac had 1300 yds and Brown had 1,000 yds last season. Two 1,000 yds backs? That's ridiculous. These two are both very talented and very determined. It may take them time to adjust to the NFL, but I predict big things for both of them. Benson i could see being a bust, but these two Auburn backs look solid. Maybe they'll never be LT, but they can both be quaility starting RBs in the league. Sure they could bust, but so can any pick. Look at the Qbs that have busted in the last few years. SEC rbs tend to do well in the NFL and I don't see these two being any different.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk