Biggest Bust - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Biggest Bust

Moderator: Football Moderators

Going into the draft, which of the following prospects had BUST written all over him?

Alex Smith
38%
Ronnie Brown
8%
Derrick Johnson
3%
Braylan Edwards
26%
Antrel Rolle
3%
OTHER (Who?)
23%

Total votes : 39

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:45 pm

Alex Smith

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby gatorman1122 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:38 pm

Alex Smith-great college stats...as a result of Urban Meyer's spread offense...which he won't be playing in anytime soon
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby goleafsgo96 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:49 pm

Troy Williamson.. some people have the chargers picking him at #12.. god just the thought scares me.. id say if he goes in the top 20-25, consider him a bust.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:59 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Biggest bust?Dolly Parton?Okay okay...whoever lands in SF will be the biggest bust,guaranteed.Likely Rogers or Smith,but I'll put my vote on Rodgers.

I was just thinking only in here would you find a big enough bunch of football geeks (I'm including myself here) to look at a poll on the biggest bust and spend the whole first page talking about football. Anyway, I voted for Braylon for the reasons already mentioned, although a QB is always a likely suspect as well (Ryan Leaf where are you?).
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:34 pm

I'm going to go with Cadillac Williams. I know he isn't nearly as high as ranked as Ronnie Brown...but I think Williams could bust. I have a few reasons, but it's also just a gut feeling. His durability factor is something to worry about...he's not very big, and has a history of injuries, although that was years ago so may not be that big of a factor anymore. But he's not much of a blocking or receiving running back...I just don't ever really see him as a quality starting back in the NFL.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby daullaz » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:58 pm

It's not going to be Edwards. In the biggest game of his career, the 2005 Rose Bowl, he lit up my Longhorns. If it wasn't for a Herculean effort by Vince Young and a too good to be true field goal, he would have went out on top with a win. Speaking of my Longhorns, I'm sad to say that I think the biggest bust will be Cedric Benson. He was phenomenal in college, but I just don't see him being a great running back at the pro level. He has taken such a pounding during his career at Texas that I don't know how much more he can have left in him.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk