BORB FINALS!!! - AC/DC vs. Nirvana - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

BORB FINALS!!! - AC/DC vs. Nirvana

Moderator: Football Moderators

BORB: AC/DC vs. Nirvana

Poll ended at Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:36 am

AC/DC
50%
Nirvana
50%

Total votes : 32

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:17 pm

Neither did a whole lot for me, but I will go with the favorite here.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:44 pm

ravage wrote:I really like Nirvana's music and they introduced a new genre into music.

AC/DC though is a band I've been listening to since the mid to late 70s. And if I want to get the flowing they have some of the best songs ever for that.

Dirty Deeds, Highway to Hell, Back in Black, Long way to the Top, Hells Bells, and For Those About to Rock just to name a few. I could go on and on.

Long live the short, bald school boy. Angus!!!

yeah, nirvana introduced the genre of stoner music (pleez filter don;t block that out). I voted for ACDC.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LT Blue Colt » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:56 pm

Nilmerf wrote:(Cowboysfan thinking they're better than Zep, wtf?)

I'd agree with that. :-)

I'll vote for AC/DC 'til the day I die. ;-D
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:57 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
ravage wrote:I really like Nirvana's music and they introduced a new genre into music.

AC/DC though is a band I've been listening to since the mid to late 70s. And if I want to get the flowing they have some of the best songs ever for that.

Dirty Deeds, Highway to Hell, Back in Black, Long way to the Top, Hells Bells, and For Those About to Rock just to name a few. I could go on and on.

yeah, nirvana introduced the genre of stoner music (pleez filter don;t block that out). I voted for ACDC.

I wouldn't exactly say they started "stoner music". That was more on the lines of Pantera, Gwar, Iron Maiden, Slayer, etc.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:59 pm

J2thez929 wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:

I wouldn't exactly say they started "stoner music". That was more on the lines of Pantera, Gwar, Iron Maiden, Slayer, etc.

It's what me and all my friends consider it to be. nirvana was a bunch of stoners, and that's why they make stoner music.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ravage » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:52 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:

It's what me and all my friends consider it to be. nirvana was a bunch of stoners, and that's why they make stoner music.
Jeez, you guys are young. Stoner music started much before either of those bands. Most rock music from the 60s was considered "stoner" or "drug" music. Jefferson Airplane, Rolling Stones, Iron Butterfly, The Doors, Turtles, Donovan, Procol Harum, Hendrix, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Vanilla Fudge, and of course don't forget the mighty Bob Dylan. These are just a very short list of bands that parents loved to hate, if they understood the lyrics.

You guys make me laugh.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:54 pm

ravage wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:

Jeez, you guys are young. Stoner music started much before either of those bands. Most rock music from the 60s was considered "stoner" or % " music. Jefferson Airplane, Rolling Stones, Iron Butterfly, The Doors, Turtles, Donovan, Procol Harum, Hendrix, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Vanilla Fudge, and of course don't forget the mighty Bob Dylan. These are just a very short list of bands that parents loved to , if they understood the lyrics.

You guys make me laugh.

yeah, but that music was totally different than Nirvana;s music.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hastur » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:58 pm

Nirvana started 'stoner' music????? your kidding, right?

Beatles were smoking and recording 'Sgnt Pepper' before Kurt was born! Pink Floyd had "Dark side of the Moon" out when he was in diapers! Grateful Dead hit a million concert ticket sales before....well, don't get me started!

I guess you could classify them technically as "acid" music, but weed was certainly an influence.
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ravage » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:20 pm

mtr I know you're young so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. So here are a couple to check out if you get the chance. Remember this is the 60's so you actually have to listen to the words.

White Rabbit-Jefferson Airplane
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds-The Beatles
Purple Haze-Jimi Hendrix(that one is hard to figure out)
Incense and Peppermints-Strawberry Alarm Clock
You Keep Me Hangin' On-Vanilla Fudge
Mother's Little Helper-The Rolling Stones
Sunshine Superman-Donovan

The list goes on and on.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Superman in Training » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:21 pm

I think our little friend mtryanks12 calls grunge music "stoner music"

Nirvana made grunge popular.. "stoner music" of course was created in the 60's and 70's..

so he doesn't know his stoner music history .. i think everyone is being a little hard on the guy.. he's younger remember
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk