Madden 2006... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden 2006...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden 2006...

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:43 pm

http://www.maddennation.com/

these are some of the first screen shots, reviews, and articles for the new madden. the new features are divulged like cone vision passing and head tracking for WRs...

looks interesting but i dont think i like the new passing idea...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:48 pm

That site took a little while to load.

Not sure about the new passing, will def take some getting used to...graphics may have topped out until PS3, not bad though.

Can't wait to see what else has changed. B-)
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Nilmerf » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:57 pm

That passing cone idea sounds awful. :-/ Peyton Manning can see the whole field whilst Carson Palmer can only see a few yards? If anything it makes it more unrealistic.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Atog » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:07 pm

Nilmerf wrote:That passing cone idea sounds awful. :-/ Peyton Manning can see the whole field whilst Carson Palmer can only see a few yards? If anything it makes it more unrealistic.

I feel mixed. While it does make the impossible idea of running with your back to the LOS and then bulleting one immediately, it might overcomplicate the game.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby MeShawn » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:14 pm

Maybe I'm the minority, but I think this passing cone thing will be a plus. I hate the fact that you can just take Micheal Vick, and while scrambling right, you can just blindly make bullet throw completions. Now you actually have to pause a second, face left, and then throw. More realistic IMO. I think that this passer cone will be an imrovement.

And yes, a vet QB like Peyton Manning is going to see the field A LOT better than a new QB like Carson Palmer or Eli Manning.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:46 pm

Nilmerf wrote:That passing cone idea sounds awful. :-/ Peyton Manning can see the whole field whilst Carson Palmer can only see a few yards? If anything it makes it more unrealistic.

it definately over-complicates things, however dont fear for carson palmer because madden will always overrate him...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:53 pm

can someone post the article, i cant find it

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:05 pm

Vikes Rule 88 wrote:can someone post the article, i cant find it

I assume this is what you mean...http://www.maddennation.com/madden2006/racmadden.htm
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ljthockey » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:21 pm

I'm with Meshawn on this one I like this new Passing cone. To me I think it will seperate alot of players the days of you're buddy who barely plays madden but can still compete with you because he has Mike Vick running all over the field then throwing perfect passes are gone. This will just take more skill to be a petter passer. Im looking foward to this
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:10 pm

I think the cone will be cool. I always hated the guy who would just scramble around and make a break like he was going to run for it. Then once he got over the LOS, the cover people would start to come off their guys and then the guy would just run backwards over the LOS and toss one up to whoever. I also hated that people could just keep scrambling around deeper and deeper into the backfield while your slow ass linemen try to track them down. Then 35 yards deep into the backfield he could just heave it to an open guy after like 15 seconds...completely ridiculous. This should even things up a good bit.

The big question is though, who will be the goat on this year's Madden cover? I don't think you can really say the curse was broken by Ray Lewis because he's not an offensive player.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Video Games